• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

No video feed showing. CCTV devices show as connected.

fitzyyy

Thread starter #1
Hello,
I have the latest VMS-4200 software, and have connected my cctv camera units to it using credentials that I know work correctly as they allow live feed to other computers VMS4200 installs on our network. I have used the super user account which has full permissions to all the categories available to give permissions for. I connect the cctv unit and it shows as connected with a green icon. I can import the cameras and when I go to main view, I can see the cameras. When I click on a camera, it displays a small green play icon, but when I try and view the live feed itself, it gives me a black screen. The error I get is in the attached screenshots. The machine I have installed it on is a laptop running Windows 10. I have tried the same setup on another laptop of the same make, but I get the same blank video screen. If I leave it for a while the video screen gives the error "Reconnecting...Connection failed:device off-line or connection timeout. (Error code: HCNetSDK.dll[7]) Can someone please help me to see live video from this software?

Attachments

Kyle

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @fitzyyy,

So you can view the cameras with no issues in iVMS-4200 on computers of different brands on the same network? Are these computers connected to the network in the same way?

How does your setup look? How many cameras/how are they connected to the network? Is firmware up to date on all the cameras and the NVRs?

Can you download the SADP tool, then run a device scan and share a screen shot of the results please?

fitzyyy

Thread starter #3
Hi Kyle, thanks very much for getting back to me. The other computers on the network (we have Ethernet created by linked switches) are all able to see the camera feeds. I set these two new ones up in exactly the same way I did with the others. I disabled the firewall on the laptops with the issue to see if it was that but no luck. There are about 30 cameras connected to the network from 3 NVR's. Unknown if the firmware is up to date on the NVR's, likely not. If I login to an IVR with Internet Explorer it displays the video stream (once I have installed the plugin) I am going to run the SADP tool and report soon.
thanks