01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No video feed showing. CCTV devices show as connected.

fitzyyy

Hello,
I have the latest VMS-4200 software, and have connected my cctv camera units to it using credentials that I know work correctly as they allow live feed to other computers VMS4200 installs on our network. I have used the super user account which has full permissions to all the categories available to give permissions for. I connect the cctv unit and it shows as connected with a green icon. I can import the cameras and when I go to main view, I can see the cameras. When I click on a camera, it displays a small green play icon, but when I try and view the live feed itself, it gives me a black screen. The error I get is in the attached screenshots. The machine I have installed it on is a laptop running Windows 10. I have tried the same setup on another laptop of the same make, but I get the same blank video screen. If I leave it for a while the video screen gives the error "Reconnecting...Connection failed:device off-line or connection timeout. (Error code: HCNetSDK.dll[7]) Can someone please help me to see live video from this software?

Attachments

• HiKVisionError.JPG
    HiKVisionError.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 224
  • iVMS4200_3.JPG
    iVMS4200_3.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 232
  • iVMS4200_2.JPG
    iVMS4200_2.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 192
  • iVMS4200.JPG
    iVMS4200.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 203
Hi @fitzyyy,

So you can view the cameras with no issues in iVMS-4200 on computers of different brands on the same network? Are these computers connected to the network in the same way?

How does your setup look? How many cameras/how are they connected to the network? Is firmware up to date on all the cameras and the NVRs?

Can you download the SADP tool, then run a device scan and share a screen shot of the results please?

Hi Kyle, thanks very much for getting back to me. The other computers on the network (we have Ethernet created by linked switches) are all able to see the camera feeds. I set these two new ones up in exactly the same way I did with the others. I disabled the firewall on the laptops with the issue to see if it was that but no luck. There are about 30 cameras connected to the network from 3 NVR's. Unknown if the firmware is up to date on the NVR's, likely not. If I login to an IVR with Internet Explorer it displays the video stream (once I have installed the plugin) I am going to run the SADP tool and report soon.
thanks

Back