01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No videos coming up on monitor screen?

John007

I have a Qvis Pioneer DVR which i got professionally installed approximately 5 years ago. The DVR and monitor are located in the roof space.

I had not been in my roof space for around 6 months until today.

The problem i have is there is no camera videos showing on the monitor. It is coming up on the monitor No Signal.

The DVR is making a noise as if it is operating but not a smooth noise like when it was first installed. Its more of a sporadic noise.

The only light that is lit on the front panel is a red power light. When i press the red power light nothing happens. The red power light stays the same and no other lights appear.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

It's hard to say.
It's unlikely that all of your cameras will have failed (assuming there are a few).
Your hard drive could fail, but typically you would still be able to see camera views, just not play back recordings - most modern recorders allow you access to check the HDD state in their configuration menu.

Hi,
I have 4 cameras in operation.
The CCTV cameras were originally viewed on a PC monitor using a VGA cable. I thought i would try using a TV and a HDMI cable to see if that would make a difference but it did not make any difference.
The only light that is lit is the red power light on the front panel . When i press it nothing changes, no other lights turn on.
The DVR is making a noise as if it is operating but not a smooth noise like when it was first installed. Its more of a sporadic noise.
Is there a way to reset the DVR or is it time to buy a new one?
Thanks

Have you tried switching the DVR off and on again?

Yes i tried turning off and on a few times still no luck.
I also tried turning on the DVR using the remote control rather than the main DVR unit. That did not work either.
Still only the one red light power light working on the panel.

Is the monitor showing any signs of information from the DVR?
e.g. text but no video from the cameras
Maybe it is still showing the video place holders for the cameras?
Perhaps the overlay text e.g. 'camera 1'.
Or the date and time.

If you are getting nothing at all, then based upon what you have said and tried I think we'd have to assume the DVR has failed :(

Is the monitor showing any signs of information from the DVR?
e.g. text but no video from the cameras
Maybe it is still showing the video place holders for the cameras?
Perhaps the overlay text e.g. 'camera 1'.
Or the date and time.

If you are getting nothing at all, then based upon what you have said and tried I think we'd have to assume the DVR has failed :(
The only information coming up on the screen is No Signal. No other information at all.
Only one red power light coming on the front panel.

I suspect then, that it has failed.

Back