• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

Noisy Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/4S NVR PSU fan?

RealMode

Thread starter #1
Hi guys,
Recently I bought a NVR model DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/4S, but it has a terrible noise from PSU, it is always at maximum RPM.
I use only 2 IP port from total of 8, actually is no heavy energy load on PSU. Hikvision customer center has a silent approach for my question.
Never used Hikvision so far, all NVR have this noisy PSU?
Thanks.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm tricky.
You say max. rpm, so do you actually mean that the hard drives are spinning fast and making a lot of noise?
Maybe you are specifically referring to the fan noise/speed?

We have no actual experience with the NXI models - not even on our own demo system, as they are currently sold at such a high premium over the standard NVRs that we have seen no interest in them so far.

People do comment that the standard NVRs are noisy to live with.
In particular the cooling fans.
You will find threads here in the forum where people have fitted after-market quiet fans.
We do not generally find that the NVRs are noisy.
But, I suppose it depends whether the NVR is located in a busy office environment, or at home in your lounge ...

RealMode

Thread starter #3
Hmm tricky.
You say max. rpm, so do you actually mean that the hard drives are spinning fast and making a lot of noise?
Maybe you are specifically referring to the fan noise/speed?

We have no actual experience with the NXI models - not even on our own demo system, as they are currently sold at such a high premium over the standard NVRs that we have seen no interest in them so far.

People do comment that the standard NVRs are noisy to live with.
In particular the cooling fans.
You will find threads here in the forum where people have fitted after-market quiet fans.
We do not generally find that the NVRs are noisy.
But, I suppose it depends whether the NVR is located in a busy office environment, or at home in your lounge ...
Not the hard drive but the PSU (power supply unit), fan is at maximum RPM, very noisy. Speed should increase under load to keep parts cooled, but not with 2 IP cameras.

StewartM

Noisy yes, but shouldn't be very noisy. Perhaps the bearing is faulty or the unit is in an area with poor airflow?
From what I see online, the DS-7608NXI-I2 8P has similar fans and layout to my DS-7616NI-K2. Is that correct?
The K2 case fans are capable of 4500rpm and in excess of 25db at full speed but I don't think they ever reach that level, even with 14 cameras attached.
Try taking the lid off the NVR to maximise airflow, see if the PSU fan relaxes a bit.
Does the NVR case fan run fairly quietly?
Is your layout similar to the following?
1579121972494.png