01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Noobie help - Motion/Event/Notification setup

Alistair31

Hi folks,

TLDNR: in bold

I have had a quick look around to find an answer but no joy so here goes…

I have a Hikvision 4-camera setup with an NVR (DS-7604NI-K1/4P) and 4 POE cameras. All run fine and are set up to continuously record, I can watch live and playback via the ProControl+ app. All set up by a friend who has now left the country, sadly.

Following a spate of recent break-ins and car thefts in the area I am looking to have motion detection or line break set up with push notifications to my iphone via the app. I have watched numerous YouTube videos and followed all of the settings through, schedule set up, notifications enabled etc but with no joy whatsoever, but at the same time no error messages to show where I am going wrong.

Can anyone assist?

Thank you
Alistair

Difficult to say but firstly you'd be best moving your CCTV off ProControl+ and on to HikConnect. At one time you could use one app with the same account details for both your Hikvision CCTV and your Pyronix alarm (Euro or Enforcer). Some time ago it was decided that you had to have separate accounts for each. So if you have a Pyronix alarm - download the new(ish) HomeControl2.0 app and get your alarm working on that. You'll then need to get your CCTV onto HikConnect. For the push notifications to work the NVR must be registered with HikConnect - it doesn't work if you use the HikConnect app to connect to your system using its IP address or your own DDNS.

Difficult to say but firstly you'd be best moving your CCTV off ProControl+ and on to HikConnect. At one time you could use one app with the same account details for both your Hikvision CCTV and your Pyronix alarm (Euro or Enforcer). Some time ago it was decided that you had to have separate accounts for each. So if you have a Pyronix alarm - download the new(ish) HomeControl2.0 app and get your alarm working on that. You'll then need to get your CCTV onto HikConnect. For the push notifications to work the NVR must be registered with HikConnect - it doesn't work if you use the HikConnect app to connect to your system using its IP address or your own DDNS.

thanks JB.

I now have the NVR up and running on HikConnect rather than ProControl+ but again even with notifications enabled everywhere I get nothing. Should add that alarm push notifications were and are working on procontrol and now home control. very strange.

thanks JB.

I now have the NVR up and running on HikConnect rather than ProControl+ but again even with notifications enabled everywhere I get nothing. Should add that alarm push notifications were and are working on procontrol and now home control. very strange.
It sounds as though you may be using a ProControl/HomeControl account for the CCTV. It’s unfortunately not just a case if using the HikConnect app with the original login. You need to have a separate HikConnect login (different details to ProControl) and then add the NVR to that new account once you’ve removed it from the old one. Once it is setup correctly, so long as the “notify surveillance center” option is enabled on the alarm you should receive notifications. I don’t think inhave the original document regarding the need to split the accounts but if I find it I’ll post back here as it explains bit a little better than I have.

Edit: Found it, will post below

Last edited:
The technical bulletin is attached. Note that you should only be using HikConnect (Hikvision) for the CCTV and HomeControl2.0 (Pyronix) for your alarm if you have one. HomeControl has been discontinued and will not be supported shortly and I'd expect the same of ProControl. I'd advise migrating properly as per the attached and deleting the other apps to avoid issues (multiple push notifications for the same event or conflicts)

Attachments

• Technical bulletin TB028 Account Isolation with ProControl.pdf
    48.2 KB · Views: 216
The technical bulletin is attached. Note that you should only be using HikConnect (Hikvision) for the CCTV and HomeControl2.0 (Pyronix) for your alarm if you have one. HomeControl has been discontinued and will not be supported shortly and I'd expect the same of ProControl. I'd advise migrating properly as per the attached and deleting the other apps to avoid issues (multiple push notifications for the same event or conflicts)
Thanks again JB. Will give this a proper go at the weekend and if it doesn’t work it’s going out the window

(and yeah, I DO have pyronix alarm as well as the Hik cameras)

Back