01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Not sure about lens size based on these factors

kolobos

The difficulty I have is that I have never worked out what lense size i need in all the 15yrs I've been installing and setting up my own personal security cameras, this is because in the early days I just bought 6mm or 4mm and tried to make them fit. Then I started to purchase varifocal lenses which were more expensive but allowed me to see what I wanted to capture and then zoomed in to close off any areas that I did not require. My property is approx 11m wide and in some cases I have two cameras covering an area, as one is more focused in one area and the other captures the rest. Admittedly I have made errors and the last varifocal I bought is fully zoomed out and just captures what i need, therefore a 2.8mm would of sufficed.

I need help in deciding if I need 2.8mm or 4mm to cover an area approx 10m x 10m where the camera will be positioned 2m high and in the centre of one side (back wall if you like, looking out). Appreciate I wouldn't get the ground level below the camera however, I have another camera much higher covering this area.

All help appreciated, thank you,
Steve.

Thanks Phil, I've had a look and tried the software but not entirely sure how it all works. Will most likely try 2.8mm.

Back