01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR and Wireless bridge

gustaff

hi,
I’ve used the search tool but haven’t found any threads with exact set up but did find one post which confirms my belief that the plan should work.
Are you installing a single Nanobeam or a pair in PtP mode. If the latter mode then they are Layer 2 transparent by default.

UBNT Super User.

NVR: DS-7716NI-I4
Firmware: (find out tomorrow)
Camera: DS-2CD2345FWD
Firmware: V5.5.82

I am trying to install cctv cameras at two gates away from the house (and NVR). It is too far for a network cable and not feasible to install any network devices along the route to repeat the signal.

Creating a wireless bridge/long range Wi-fi (technically not a bridge but anyway) is the most cost effective and simple means to establish a connection.
I am using Nanostation Loco M2s for the peer to peer bridge.

What I would like to do, is connect the Wi-fi device directly to one of the NVR’s POE ports. This would eliminate the need for a switch and, most importantly, keep the cameras separate from the house LAN.

I had it set it up as so:
Assumed IP of NVR POE switch: 192.168.254.1
Subnet 255.255.255.0

Nanostations set up as layer 2 transparent bridge. Proved basic network function by using ping and trace route commands from PC connected in place of camera.

Transmitter connected to a POE port of the NVR.
Static IP: 192.168.254.135
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.254.1
Primary DNS: 192.168.254.1

Receiver connected to IP camera.