01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A NVR Beeps

Cos

Hi,

Yesterday I was sitting minding my own when I heard a couple of beeps. Not thinking anything of it since I didn't have anything I could readily identify which beeps, I just carried on.

This morning when I tried to log in to my DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A NVR I find it unresponsive, more preciously switched off.

I turned the power switch on the back off and then on again but nothing happened. I pulled all the cables out and then moved it to a better location to work on, but then when I plugged it back in, it powered up again with a beep. It is then I twigged it was the same beep I heard last night and it must have been off all night.

So, does anyone know what one and two beeps mean? Ideally I'd like to find more information on this in the manual but it appears to be lacking on that front.

Are there any log files (via the web interface) which are accessible which might give a clue as to what happened? I tried plugging a monitor in to the unit but apparently I don't have a high enough resolution so I cannot go in to the NVR itself!!

Thanks

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Have you progressed this?
There are logs in Config.
Not sure why resolution of your monitor should be an issue.

Hi, no I've gt nowhere with this...

Seems quite strange you'd include some diagnostic information (such as the beeps) yet not document it in the manual!!

I cannot see any logs in config when entering via the web interface...

The resolution of the monitor was significant only because I plugged it in to view the NVR interface as I knew this was a different interface to that of the web view. I was not sure whether there was additional information there.

Hi @Cos

If you are accessing via a browser you will find logs under Configuration > System > Maintenance > Log (see below)

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 12.03.19.png

Try setting Major Type to Exception and Minor Type to All Types ad then search the last 24hrs.

Thanks guys.

Searching for exceptions reveals there are a lot of illegal logins which I wasn't aware of but other than that nothing which might indicate why a shutdown occurred.

Searching under information reveals a S.M.A.R.T information on channel 1 but there is no other detail. I have run a S.M.A.R.T test which comes back ok and I have it checking for bad sectors...

Back