01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR CCTV

Fadburty

Hi all,

After realising that setting up a NVR system would be so much easier for me vs DVR. i have chosen to go down this route. I require potentially 3 bullet cams (or 4 ) and maybe a dome (but i am not too sure how i can install this on the Porch?

So few questions for you...

1) Which NVR would you recommend?
2) What kind of specs should i be looking at when looking at IPTV Cameras
3) If i do the following set up

IP cam Ethernet to ---- PoE Hub -------- Ethernet cable to NVR

Does the PoE hub just need to be connected to the router ............or does the NVR and the hub be connected to the router?

4) Do the Bullet cameras come with sound too and a mic?

Thanks

Hi,
Most of our customers would select either Hikvision (7604) or Milesight (1009).
Your NVR connects to your network (router or switch).
Your NVR provides power to the cameras using POE from the camera ports on the rear of the NVR.
Generally we'd recommend a flat-dome with a microphone as a porch door camera (you'll need a wide view 2.8mm focal length).
Some cameras have a built-in microphone (I think all Milesight domes, it's less common with Hik, only their 2563-IS).
Most people would select 5 to 8MP cameras nowadays (the savings for going with lesser resolutions are minimal compared to the installation/time costs).

Hey Thank you for taking the time out to reply.

I'm planning to connect the NVR to a switch (which would be connected to a router ) so that helps me substantially.

However I will not be able to fit a done outside the door as I have a porch and I'm not sure how to take the ceiling off to run the wire....

I am looking for three cameras. One just below the second landing window. Overlooking the driveway and pointing towards the front door.

Second camera on the side of the house. Over looking the alley and potentially abit of the driveway.

Third camera looking at the back of the alley to capture anyone potentially climbing over the fence.

The nvr will be located in the downstairs hallway as I have a cat5 running downstairs from the box room at the from to here. Unfortunately if I was to install a microphone I wouldn't be able to run the Mic cable to the nvr...unless there is another way?

What cameras would you recommend 2.8mm or 4mm for the above scenarios?

Also should I look at a Turret instead of a bullet?

I understand ppl install a back box as the female lead connected to the IP camera tend to be quite big and people do not want to drill a big hole.....

Phil, could you recommend some models so I could get an idea, I think he should be min 4mp. Any back boxes do you recommend also?

Thank you in advance

From your description the 2085 mini-bullet might suit your needs well:
Hikvision DS-2CD2085FWD-I 8MP Mini Bullet Network Camera ¦ use-IP Ltd

It's available in three different focal lengths - the viewing angle achieved by each is shown on that product page.
2.8mm, being the widest, is typically only needed for where you expect people to be close, or for where you wish to 'monitor' a wide area.
For capturing detail, the narrower 4 or 6mm variants tend to be more effective. Most of the garden videos on our YouTube camera are captured with a 6mm camera mounted at approximately 4.5m metres height.
The junction box is shown in the Frequently Bought Together section on the product page.

You could also consider a turret camera such as the 2383:
Hikvision DS-2CD2085FWD-I 8MP Mini Bullet Network Camera ¦ use-IP Ltd

The infra-red power from a turret camera tends to be quite strong, so we tend to recommend those for high mounting positions such as at gutter level on a 2-storey home. When mounted at low level they have a tendency to 'white-out' faces at night due to the strong IR (it can be modulated via smart IR settings, but tends to be excessive for low-mounted positions).

Thank you. Phil, are you free to talk afternoon? Would be easier to discuss

I'm not in the office today, but feel to call and discuss anything with Dan or Gilly.

Hi,

Is it possible to see what the quality is like of these cameras during day and night please.....?

Lots of example footage at our YouTube channel - use-IP Ltd

e.g. the 8MP turret camera 2385:

And the 'full-fat' 4K / 20fps example:

Thank you for the reply.

What Turret cameras would you recommend and is there a way to have them on the wall?

We now recommend the 2383 model:
Hikvision DS-2CD2383G0-I 8MP Turret Network Camera

Almost all Hikvision cameras have a flying lead or pigtail which you need to connect your cable to.
This pigtail cable is approximately six inches long.
You need to accommodate it.
To weatherproof your connection to it.
To keep your cable and the connection secure.
You can mount the turret camera directly to a wall, but need to bear in mind what you will do with the pigtail.
On soffits, fascias, barge boards, wrinkly-tin warehouses etc. you can drill a hole through and make your connection indoors.
Normally, with a solid wall, you would use a junction box or mounting arm accessory.
These accessories are shown in the Frequently Bought Together section on each camera's product page (as per the above link).

Hi Phill, i just bought the Hikvision DS-2CD2555FWD-IS this model has a built in mic when i connect it to the NVR i cant hear any sounds?

Last edited:
Hey I managed to open the dome camera and install it successfully. I did envision it would over more of the area. Covers the front door and the driveway.

However still no success with the sound.....when I spoke to someone from your company they did reassure me that the Mic is preinstalled and I just require an Ethernet cable. Is this the case?

Hi Phill

The night vision is being impacted by the street light reflection on the mini dome - is there anything you can recommend? It defeats the purpose of the camera....should I have gone for the turret instead????? I think the light is reflecting on the window on to the cam....but when looking there isn't any reflection on the actual window. Is this the IR

Attachments

• 20190210_211205.jpg
    20190210_211205.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Hi Phill, i just bought the Hikvision DS-2CD2555FWD-IS this model has a built in mic when i connect it to the NVR i cant hear any sounds?

Have you enabled the 'Video & Audio' stream?

1549894536231.png

However still no success with the sound.....when I spoke to someone from your company they did reassure me that the Mic is preinstalled and I just require an Ethernet cable. Is this the case?

Yes, you only need a network cable.

Hi Phill

The night vision is being impacted by the street light reflection on the mini dome - is there anything you can recommend? It defeats the purpose of the camera....should I have gone for the turret instead????? I think the light is reflecting on the window on to the cam....but when looking there isn't any reflection on the actual window. Is this the IR

Yes, that looks like infra-red reflection.
Can you upload a photo of your camera installation please?
Are the IR lamps canted over back into the dome body at all?
Is the dome cover absolutely clean?
Perhaps, try it with the cover off.

What do you mean by the IR canted over back into the dome?

So the camera is attached to the soffit of the Porche at an angle from the window

Attachments

• IMG-20190212-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20190212-WA0013.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 334
Also I have enabled the video and sound. But when I use the playback functionality on the hik connect app I can't hear anything?

If you end-up with an installation configuration / mounting position where you are looking virtually horizontally through the dome, then you end-up with some of the IR LEDs being directed internally into the camera's insides:
(which causes the effect you are seeing)

IR LEDs reflection 12-2-19.jpg

This is known as internal reflection, there are a number of causes (some external too), more information here:
IR Reflection Troubleshooting Guide (blurry night image)

Also I have enabled the video and sound. But when I use the playback functionality on the hik connect app I can't hear anything?

Have you enabled sound in the App?
I think there's a small speaker icon you need to click on.
And turn your phone's volume up fully.

Hik-Connect App audio 12-2-19.jpg

Last edited:
Back