01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR CCTV

If you end-up with an installation configuration / mounting position where you are looking virtually horizontally through the dome, then you end-up with some of the IR LEDs being directed internally into the camera's insides:
(which causes the effect you are seeing)

View attachment 1707

This is known as internal reflection, there are a number of causes (some external too), more information here:
IR Reflection Troubleshooting Guide (blurry night image)
I'm slightly confused what you mean if the camera is horizontal?

I'm slightly confused what you mean if the camera is horizontal?

Your camera is horizontal.
Inverted in comparison to the photo that I uploaded, but horizontal/flat under your soffit.

If you test mount it vertically (just so that all of your IR LEDs are in-play and able to get their light out through the dome bubble) you will see a difference in night-time performance.

Yea I have this enabled. And the sound works when I select HD. However for the playback there's no sound?

Your camera is horizontal.
Inverted in comparison to the photo that I uploaded, but horizontal/flat under your soffit.

If you test mount it vertically (just so that all of your IR LEDs are in-play and able to get their light out through the dome bubble) you will see a difference in night-time performance.

Ah ok. The thing is this camera was always going to be installed horizontally.

I looked at the earlier link you kindly provided. Could the issue be the ring?and where would I find This?

I have attached two pictures of the camera without the cover.......i have also cleaned the cover and camera

Attachments

• IMG-20190212-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20190212-WA0014.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG-20190212-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20190212-WA0015.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 297
Ah, @Dan here has pointed out my error, sorry.
I grabbed a Hikvision flat-dome that was laying around in the office for the last photo that I uploaded. He has pointed-out to me that the latest flat domes e.g. 2555/2563 now use IR LEDs that are no longer within the camera/lens dome bubble.
They have x2 small IR LEDs placed external to the dome bubble, one either side.
The camera cover has diffuser covers for these LEDs.

Whilst this design change probably solves the potential for internal reflection issues, we are concerned that in use-cases such as yours (where you are mounting the camera horizontally under your soffit and wanting all the IR light to project forwards from the building to the scene) it is likely to render the IR LEDs fairly ineffective i.e. the proportion of IR light going to the scene from your mounting position / orientation is likely to be very small. And, in fact, a great deal of the IR IS going to be bouncing back from the wall and other surrounding surfaces - resulting in the poor images you have seen at night.

Unless you are able to mount the camera to the wall or front of the soffit/fascia (and present the infra-red LEDs pointing forwards to the scene), I don't think that camera model is now going to be suitable for your application and mounting position.

I am sorry, this is a product change development, and yours is the first application where the resulting problems have been presented to us.

I think the two IR LEDs now need to face forwards, to the scene, and effectively the lens needs to be looking through pretty much the crown of the dome bubble.

Sorry, if the camera is therefore not suitable we'd be happy to take it back and refund you.

BTW - @Dan is also running tests with this camera model now in regards to audio capture and playback.

Yea I have this enabled. And the sound works when I select HD. However for the playback there's no sound?

Hi @Fadburty

As Phil mentions above I have been testing the above trying to get the sound to work in playback and I think I have answer, You need to make sure the camera is updated to the latest firmware (v5.5.82) and then make sure you have the video & audio setting enabled on both the camera and the NVR, as well as making sure that the video & audio setting is also enabled on the sub-stream (the sub-stream is used by the app), once you have done you should have audio on live view & playback whether you use the browser or the app.

Instructions for updating the firmware can be found here

Pleasure talking to you Phil. Please let me know how you get on 're Internal bracket

Pleasure talking to you Phil. Please let me know how you get on 're Internal bracket

I have raised the issue with Hikvision.
Currently they do not have an inclined mounting box to fit the 25XX model flat-domes.
We are waiting for an update and further feedback from them.

Thanks Phil for looking into this for me.

Dan - I will try to update the firmware and see how I get along

Hi Dan

i have downloaded the new firmware and i am using Internet Explorer - i move the digicap file to the desktop - however under configuration when i browse the file and select upgrade - i receive a message saying "upgrade failed".......can you please advice?

Hey

Yes to Windows pc and wired network.

I moved it to c://desktop.........

Hi, not desktop, try it directly in the C:// root folder:

1550701119682.png

hey phill i just moved it to the local disk (c :)and the same error message appears.

im unable to view the video when i login and i have a message to say to download a certain plugin - could this be causing the error? i have downloaded it and the video still doesnt appear

The web components plugin will prevent you from viewing video.
But it's not that causing problems with your update.

There's little point in me helping you fix that issue right now though, because there will very likely be a new web components version when you do update your firmware.

Have you unzipped/extracted your digicap file?
So that it looks as per the image I uploaded at #35 above.
Named digicap.dav
Showing in the list as a DAV file (not a zip file)

That's fine Phil regarding the web component.

Yea I extracted the Dav file from the zip folder

OK, what camera model please?
So that we can check that you have downloaded the correct upgrade file for your camera.

Back