01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR firmware query

lenovo

Hi
Ive managed to update the firmware on my cameras, however when i check the NVR firmware im confused.

Checking via the NVR 4.0 GUI indicates ive the latest ( v4.1.63 )
when i search online via the EU portal i see V4.21.008 build190625 there ?
Why is the NVR GUI not picking up the available update?

If i update the NVR to 4.21, will this include the updates between 4.1 & 4.21?

Sorry for all the questions so soon but im grateful for any help.

Specs: NVR DS- 7608NI-I2/8P | DS - 2CD2363G0 - I (x2) 4mm fixed | DS - 2CD2385G1 - I ( x2 ) 4mm Fixed

Hi @lenovo

The "auto-update" function in the NVR settings has always been problematic, it has always been inaccurate about whether you are on the latest firmware, I am not sure why Hikvision keep it as a feature on their NVRs. To add some extra confusion that v4.21 firmware is the latest on the EU portal but if you go to the UK portal there is actually a more recent version - V4.22.000

If you update to this version it will include all the updates from the previous firmware versions that have been released since the v4.1.63 you are currently on. (some people do experience issues jumping a large number of firmwares, try it and if jumping firmware versions fails you may have to go back and update to each past version, you are only a few versions behind though so you shouldn't see any problems jumping yo v4.22)

Finally, you said you had updated the cameras already, can I just check that you are on the latest version for both models - v5.6.2

Thanks for quick reply. I will check cam firmware later and let you know.

Hi Dan, yes Cameras are all on v5.6.2

Specs: NVR DS- 7608NI-I2/8P | DS - 2CD2363G0 - I (x2) 4mm fixed | DS - 2CD2385G1 - I ( x2 ) 4mm Fixed

Back