01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Nvr live view freezing

Halfaudio

Hello. I have
Ds-7608NI-K2/8P NVR
Firmware V4.30.011

1)DS-2CD2385FWD-I 8 MP
2)3mp bullet style that is not really a concern as it is quite old now..

Using Cat6A cable around 18m long
4k tv or monitor, good hdmi cable that i know works flawlessly.
230mbps download and 20 upload ping around 27 on xbox a bit less over wifi says 9 not sure how accurate it is.

I am sure you have covered this many times,but my search didn't gave me the results i was looking for.

My issue is that that live view and recording is losing a lot of frames in Main stream i have set it to 25 but the actual frames are from 1 to 15. Most of the time it is 1 or a bit higher.
Live fiew feed freezes loses a lot of picture when objects are moving or don't even pick them up at all.

Even if i select
3072*1728 It gets better, but not by much.

If i want full 4k and full frame rate with max bitrate being 16mbps (maximum for the box i think) the picture is nearly never live just freezing all the time and mostly 1fps
It says that it is recommended to select 25mbps bitrate but the box doesn't offer me that.

It is set to record only on events
Nighthawk 4tb brand new.

I am fuming i can't figure out what why it wouldn't work properly with 4k i am thinking to return the box as i have had enough with this freezing. Any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• 20201214_135408.jpg
    20201214_135408.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 338
Exposure is set to 1/50
WDR off
If my settings are off i welcome anyone that could lead me to the right direction.

Right, Figured it out and it seems a bit funny now.. I swear it didn't work properly when i first set it up i tried everything it didn't work or even lost picture completely.

I was even trying to adjust the POE power settings in desperation from short distance to long. Pushes a little bit more power to the camera.It obviously didn't change anything because the camera is not far in cable distance.

Now i realized that i forgot to change it back and it all works even with 4k flawlessly. I changed exposure to 1/100 to avoid losing running people and driving cars. It loses a bit of light, but where i live that was absolutely acceptable almost perfect!
It was a bit of wtf moment because the settings before were the same and it still didn't work, but now reducing the power it started to act the way it should have. Go figure
Now it sits acceptably at 19-23fps around 20mpbs

Back