01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR Lost Configuration / Settings - DS-7608NI-E2

grubee

Good morning,

NVR: DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A – V3.4.96 build 170921
Cameras: DS-2CD2142FWD-I-4MM (4 off) – Default firmware from 2016

Hope you guys can help and great forum :)

We had 2-3 power cuts in quick succession (no UPS!!) and when I checked my cameras a few hours later I got nothing on my devices, connection failed.

I went to the NVR and it was asking for a new password and to confirm the password and also for a camera activation password. I upgraded to 3.4.96 about a year ago and never had a separate password for camera activation. I put these in (I used my old password for the NVR but changed the activation password to something different) and then was prompted with language selection, date and time and these rest of the wizard. I exited the wizard as I thought I was all setup.

I was also asked for a password sequence which I have never done before.

The network settings had gone too and I have no cameras visible.

1. What is the best process to get setup again? I think my configuration has been wiped as my Hik Connect is showing offline too. Happy to reinstall if necessary. Return to factory default?

2. Are the cameras locked to previous setup? Do I need to use SADP tool?

I am competent at plugging directly into the NVR and/or cameras if required.

Thanks for any assistance :)

Last edited:
The biggest issue could be as simple as the router setting a new IP address for your NVR after a power cut.

Use SADP to find your NVR.
Use DHCP in SADP (tick it) to get a valid free IP address for your NVR.
Then untick DHCP in SADP to leave the NVR at that address always (or set it to some address that you prefer).

If your cameras are directly connected to your NVR then SADP will not show them (only the NVR).
You would need to enable Virtual Host in the NVR's settings to individually access each camera's settings.

If they are connected to your network, then SADP will show them.

Check the portal and update every device to the latest available firmware.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply.

Last night I did tick DHCP in network configuration directly on the NVR to get a network connection and this received an IP address that was relevant to my network. But this did nothing else.

Under cameras I have nothing, just the yellow triangle with exclamation mark for each channel.

If i enable virtual host will this bring the cameras back on the NVR? Can Virtual Host be enabled if there are no cameras present in the NVR?

The yellow transmission lights are flashing on the back of the NVR for all 4 patch leads.

Would you recommend resetting to factory default?

Are these the correct firmware links:

Cameras

NVR

Thank you!

Last edited:
You should be able to enable Virtual Host regardless (I'm assuming your model/firmware has it).

It's unusual to need to do a factory reset, but maybe you will have to on this occasion.

If you do, I would unplug all of the cameras first.
When you reconnect the cameras, sort out one at a time.
If all else fails, your cameras also have a factory reset pushbutton.

As you regain access, please try to bring all of your devices up to their latest firmware version.
V3.4.98 is the latest firmware version for your NVR, here:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Your link for the cameras is correct.

Thanks Phil!

Would the cameras be locked out if i factory restored?

Kind regards,

No, the pushbutton resets them to 'inactive' - as if they have just come from the factory.
When you plug them into an NVR it should Plug 'n' Play configure them for you.

Sorry Phil, if i factory restored the NVR, will i need to get upto each camera?

Cheers,

If you never adjusted the NVR's camera network IP range, then I would expect all the cameras to still be within that range.
It's hard to be sure, given you do seem to have exceptional circumstances.
Worst case you may need to access and reset each camera.

Hi Phil,

Just a quick update, I had a thought last night of changing the passwords on the NVR under the cameras settings where you can select plug and play or manual to what it would have been and this worked, the cameras were back online. :)

Hikvision have told me this is the latest firmware? But I would agree with you now, so sorry for being dense, but what do you go by in the NVR part number to identify what series/range this comes under?

Cheers.

Back