01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR network query - can I add a switch to one of the camera ports of my DS-7608NI-K2/8P?

Mel_w

HI all
I plan to use Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P - 8 Channel NVR POE this has 8 Ports Ethernet POE ports
is it possible to use 1 port of the NVR and connect a cable to a switch in the loft to run to 5 cameras off the single port ?
Regards
Mel

Hi @Mel_w

Yes, some settings have to be adjusted in the NVR but it is possible to connect a switch to the PoE ports on the NVR, but the switch cannot exceed the max. number of cameras that the NVR supports. The video below explains how to do it:

Hi Dan
thanks for the quick reply the video was very helpful
Regards
Mel

Hello Dan--similar question as Mel--have three poe cameras out on a long run--using a poe switch to pwr the cams then a single cable to the nvr--can i run this cable into one poe port on the nvr---or run the single into a simple switch and then 2 cables to two different ports on the nvr--i cant seem to get the idea of what happens when you mix 'boxes'--Thank You--HH

Hi @hh copper

If you follow the steps in the video linked above (skip to 10min 57secs) it will explain how you can directly connect a PoE switch to one of the PoE ports on the NVR.

Sir--I watched the video ref the poe switch hookup---straightforward--but it then goes into some ip configuration and other settings on the nvr to complete the process of the nvr recognizing the cameras--the trouble is the video references an I series--the UI screens shown on the video do not resemble my screens--I have an DS -7716NI-I4-16P- {nvr 4.0 }cannot follow the progression into a specific tree to get to where it wants to take me--and the terms are not exactly the same --where can i go now---thanks

Are you accessing your NVR with a direct HDMI/VGA monitor?

Back