01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR recommendation for use with four DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL IP cameras?

Loftus

hi

planning on 4 DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL and pos adding an additional 1, what NVR would be recommended for this set up? Don’t want anything to bells and whistley or pricey

The I series is best for supporting the AcuSense cameras - the DS-7608NI-I2/8P is what you’ll want. It just works better than the cheaper K series. The K series has a slightly different firmware/GUI to the I series - let’s call it “semi skimmed” It seemed to be developed after repeated issues with the I series “full fat” version 4 being used on it. I’ve installed (and owned for my home system) each of the main NVR versions as they’ve progressed (SE, E1/2, K and I-series) - the I series has been the best of them and I updated to it from my K series when I added a ninth camera.

When you compare the different NVRs using the data sheets they don't necessarily show the real world performance difference - the I series is snappier than the K series especially with the 4K cameras you're looking at.

Last edited:
We very much agree with what @JB1970 says. :D
More powerful from him than us.
He has no axe to grind (he is not 'selling' you anything). :rolleyes:
His pure/honest, experience-based, best advice to you (all).

The I series is best for supporting the AcuSense cameras - the DS-7608NI-I2/8P is what you’ll want. It just works better than the cheaper K series. The K series has a slightly different firmware/GUI to the I series - let’s call it “semi skimmed” It seemed to be developed after repeated issues with the I series “full fat” version 4 being used on it. I’ve installed (and owned for my home system) each of the main NVR versions as they’ve progressed (SE, E1/2, K and I-series) - the I series has been the best of them and I updated to it from my K series when I added a ninth camera.

When you compare the different NVRs using the data sheets they don't necessarily show the real world performance difference - the I series is snappier than the K series especially with the 4K cameras you're looking at.
That’s great many thanks for the recommendation

I'd go with that, as I am using the K2 at the moment with 6 4meg cams at virtually max frame rates, etc and whilst it does the job, it's a bit sluggish at times.

Back