01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR software reccomendation

phier

hello,
i use hikvision cameras, (question would be is there something better/some better competitor regarding the price/performance/sec?) I want to use some NVR once some events are triggered etc... but i dont want to buy HW device. I am pretty good with linux etc... so i was wondering do u recommend some nice opensource NVR which is stable etc?

thanks

Hi @phier

We are not aware of any open-source NVRs, most NVRs will support ONVIF protocol which will allow you to add any 3rd-party camera that also supports ONVIF, but the features you have access to when connected via ONVIF will be limited.

If you don't want to use a Hikvision NVR, then we would recommend using either a NAS (Synology) or a VMS (Video Management Software) like Milestone, Luxriot Evo S, VAST2, etc... as these options will give you better feature/smart event support when using 3rd-party cameras.

Do be aware though that most professional VMS suppliers do not offer Linux versions of their software and we are not aware of a VMS specifically designed for Linux.

Try Zoneminder for Linux:

Reactions: Dan
Back