01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR4.0 <-> AccessController IoT linkage - Arming failed?

Have you managed to get NVR linked with AC fine?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gp2000

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to link an NVR (DS-7732NI-K4 on V4) with a DS-K2602 Access Controller via IoT.
The feature of overlaying Card numbers and access events on the video footage will be extremely handy for us. But i'm hitting a wall and have been banging my head for 4 hours now.

DS-7732NI-K4 Just upgraded to V4.21.5 build 190509
DS-K2602 Access Controller on V2.05 build 190301
Online - Arming Failed.PNG

Chrome does NOT show the IOT Channel Settings for some reason? It's only visible in Internet Explorer.
In IE, I can see IoT Channel Settings > AC Device, and have managed to add the device, but the status is Online(Arming failed.) The model shows as just: DS-K26
  • If I press the Config gear icon, nothing happens.
  • The AC is armed and is working absolutely fine.
  • Under IoT event config, nothing appears under IoT type or Camera.
  • Password is correct
  • Channel set to 1 but tested others. Don't really know which channel it's asking for, as I cannot set a channel in the AC.
  • Protocol is set to either TCP/UDP, doesn't seem to change anything.
  • Tried reinstall firmware. several reboots.
  • Tried reset to factory defaults. This seemed to allow IOT Channel Settings to appear whilst using chrome, but simply trying to add the same DS-K2602 had exactly the same error, before and after restoring the settings config backup.
  • DS-K2602 is on the latest available firmware.
Has anybody come across this issue, or successfully linked these devices? We're really wanting the feature of Card numbers/names being printed into the video image as people enter and exit.

I would like to try a factory reset on the DS-K2602 to see if that helps, but through iVMS there is no config export option. And there is no web interface as far as I know. So I don't want to risk resetting it, as even though I have exported a personal list, I will still lose all the personal groups etc, access rules and many more settings I have customized.

Any input greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:
Have you installed the latest plugin?
Open the NVR's webGUI in Chrome and download the new plug-in (I don't think it's visible in IE11).
Navigate to the downloaded file - LocalServiceComponents.exe
Make sure Chrome is closed then install it.
Reboot the PC. If prompted after login, click yes to start the LocalComponent service.
Open Chrome and try the webGUI again.
1578765241676.png

Hi Stewart, many thanks - Yes have installed latest component but no change. I had a feeling the componet only dealt with the Video streaming aspect of the web interface rather than any other features, but I may be wrong!

Thanks to Phils comment on another thread, I am slightly further along with this issue.
Phil: Hi, Here's a slightly newer build of V4.22.005 (Build 191230) which has a fix to help with Hik-Connect and dynamic web IPs:
(grabbed from Hik Tech Support this morning)
https://www.use-ip.co.uk/firmware/NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.22.005_191230.zip

After upgrading to V4.22.005 (Build 191230), I now have the status 'Online'. I can start setting up the IoT Event Configuration, however I am missing the linkage action 'OSD Display' and missing the tab 'OSD Configuration'. So cannot seem to get any further. Perhaps now I am just missing a step?

thanks

Back