01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS [Oct 2019] iVMS-4200 software for Mac

jjmsau

Just wondering if anyone is still using iVMS-4200 software for the Mac and it is working under OS 10.15 (Catalina). Mine isn't. I have v.2.0.0.10 and that seems to be the latest. Mine crashes all the time.

Any ideas, Phil and others?

I'm using 2.0.0.10 build 20190625 and it's working quite ok. I don't use HIK Connect at the moment ...

I'm using 2.0.0.10 build 20190625 and it's working quite ok. I don't use HIK Connect at the moment ...

Hmm ... mine was working, but since upgrading Mac OS, the software freezes when opening. I guess more of he same "hit and miss" with this company :-/

@jjmsau MacBook Pro Catalina 10.15
IVMS 4200 V 2.0.0.5 build 20190220
its ok for me, occasionally crashes after quitting.

Does everyone keep getting the firewall popup question on launch of iVMS for Mac? It seems the app isn't developer signed so the firewall won't let me allow it permanently.

Does everyone keep getting the firewall popup question on launch of iVMS for Mac? It seems the app isn't developer signed so the firewall won't let me allow it permanently.

Yes, I have been getting the same issue - very annoying.

What's even more annoying, is that only for the past week or so, in addition to the firewall popup question, it also pop-ups each time on launch to request my Mac username and password. The message title is that the software "wants to make changes to your computer" - despite my having not made any changes in the app.

Further to that, I often find that when live view is open with various cameras displayed, some of the black bars (with the buttons for Capture/Start Recording/Switch To Instant Playback) manages to overlay itself over other apps/windows. This has been the case since I upgraded from the previous version, to 2.0.0.10.

Does anyone have an idea of how to resolve any of these 3 issues?

IVMS-4200 v2.0.0.10 build20190625 for Mac
macOS Catalina v10.15.2

Try 2.0.0.11 it's much better for me. HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Thanks - that resolved one of the three issues, though the issue with the black bar overlays remains (unless I move my mouse cursor away from any of the camera views before switching apps), and the firewall message issue also still pops up on app launch for IVMS4200 v2.0.0.11

Thanks - that resolved one of the three issues, though the issue with the black bar overlays remains (unless I move my mouse cursor away from any of the camera views before switching apps), and the firewall message issue also still pops up on app launch for IVMS4200 v2.0.0.11

Another iVMS-4200 user reported a similar issue with GUI glitching but they were on a PC, nobody else had reported this and lots of people seem to be using iVMS without a problem so we had assumed this was an issue with the Macs/PCs of the users reporting this.

Another iVMS-4200 user reported a similar issue with GUI glitching but they were on a PC, nobody else had reported this and lots of people seem to be using iVMS without a problem so we had assumed this was an issue with the Macs/PCs of the users reporting this.

Thanks for the feedback Dan. The issue doesn't happen with any other apps, and only started occuring after updating to 2.0.0.10 (and still present in 2.0.0.11) - so my feeling is that it may be more related to IVMS than anything else. Open to all suggestions for fixes/troubleshooting though.

That link that you posted didn't seem to relate to these 2 issues of the black bar overlays or the firewall popup - unless I missed something in that thread? To be clear, there is no loss of images/streams - all camera views are fine in the app.

The screenshot in that post is of a glitch in the iVMS-4200 GUI in which the device management page is showing where the live view images should be displayed, it is not the same glitch but very similar. The firewall pop-up can probably be fixed by adding iVMS-4200 to the safe software list in your firewall settings, the Mac security pop-up, on the other hand, is something unique to MacOS and I don't think you will see a fix to that anytime soon as the "closed-loop" nature of Mac software means that getting a 3rd-party software authorised is very tricky and so like a lot of 3rd-party software developers, Hikvision have developed the software to MacOS requirements but do not take the final complicated step of authorising it with Mac HQ.

The screenshot in that post is of a glitch in the iVMS-4200 GUI in which the device management page is showing where the live view images should be displayed, it is not the same glitch but very similar. The firewall pop-up can probably be fixed by adding iVMS-4200 to the safe software list in your firewall settings, the Mac security pop-up, on the other hand, is something unique to MacOS and I don't think you will see a fix to that anytime soon as the "closed-loop" nature of Mac software means that getting a 3rd-party software authorised is very tricky and so like a lot of 3rd-party software developers, Hikvision have developed the software to MacOS requirements but do not take the final complicated step of authorising it with Mac HQ.

Thanks for the advice re adding IVMS to the firewall rules. It was already in the list - twice somehow - so I removed both and manually added it back. Since then, the popup still comes up but then goes away a split-second later.. so it's pretty much resolved from an annoyance perspective.

The issue of needing to input the Mac user/password each time the app launches was resolved when upgrading from 20.0.0.10 to 20.0.0.11, so that's all good.

The only remaining issue that I have, is the black bar overlay. It's nothing like the issue described at the link or in the screenshot though. My issue is that those black bars appear on top of completely different other apps.
For example, if I use IVMS to view the cameras (all works fine) and then switch (CMD+Tab) to Chrome to view websites, those black bars from IVMS appears on top (overlayed) of the Chrome window and stay there. It's very weird... attached screenshot to give you an idea of what it looks like. I alt-tab'd from IVMS to Chrome to reproduce the issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 14.12.40.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 14.12.40.png
    539 KB · Views: 251
  • Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 14.12.32.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 14.12.32.png
    414.9 KB · Views: 229
Back