01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Offline Status

tundew

Would appreciate some help please. My NVR DS-7204HQHI-K1/p is saying my status is offline despite it being connected to the internet. I have rebooted several times, disconnected, tried to upgrade firmware and the only firmware succeeded is V3.5.371 build 181220 but still saying offline and that also affects ability to connect the mobile app as it cannot connect to the device. I can only connect to the DVR via my computer at home. Any help would be appreciated and the specific firmware that can work.

I wouldn't think it's a firmware issue. How is your DVR connected to your router - in the network settings of the DVR does it have a static IP address or is DHCP selected? If it's DHCP then UPnP needs enabled in your router and NAT should be enabled with Mapping Type set to Auto in the DVR . In the network settings of the DVR also make sure the Primary DNS address is set to to 8.8.8.8 ( as opposed to your router gateway address)

For the most reliable operation I'd always use a static IP address in the DVR, then port forward the required ports to that address in the router (80, 8000, 554 TCP by default but recommend you change these to avoid illegal login attempts)

The strange thing is it has worked for one year without any issues and no extra settings were done. Yes its DHCP but the IP is reserved so it uses the same one all the time in my router. I use BT broadband. Can you please list the steps that i need to set up? where is NAT enabled on my BT Hub or DVR etc? I have checked my router and the UpNp is set to on. All port forwarding set but still showing offline on DVR. see attached

Attachments

• DVR platform access.PNG
    DVR platform access.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
If you're using port forwarding then you don't need to enable NAT on the DVR - in fact you should ensure that it's disabled as having it enabled while using port forwarding may cause issues. If you're not using port forwarding then you would ensure that UPNP is enabled on the router (which you have) and on the DVR go to to Network > TCP/IP>NAT - enable it and set the mapping type to Auto.

I think that your server address is possibly wrong in the screenshot - mine is set to litedev.eu.hik-connect.com - try that.

Also with regard to my earlier comment regarding setting the DNS address in network settings to 8.8.8.8. Hikvision recommend this, however I have found previously on one or two installations that had BT as the ISP, that this caused an issue with internet access when the customer had web safe filtering enabled (I forget what BT actually call it). This is because the use of that DNS address as opposed to BT's DNS is a way of getting around the filter.

The server address dev.hik-connect.com and dev.eu.hik-connect.com are the only addresses that reply to a ping test, the others litedev does not respond from my computer but the two without lite respond. All settings are now NAT enabled on the DVR, UpNp enabled on the Router and server address set to dev.eu.hik-connect.com but the status remains Offline. I have rebooted both router and DVR but still offline. Very very strange

litedev.eu.hik-connect.com doesn't respond to ping from my network either so I wouldn't necessarily rely on ping to confirm that a server exists at that address - mine is set to that and works correctly.

As I said earlier - don't use port forwarding and NAT - they will conflict one another on the DVR. One or the other and my preference would always be port forwarding as it's more reliable.

Everytime i change it, it defaults to litedev.hik-connect.com but remains offline. If i tick the custom option it stays. Does yours have the custom option ticked?

Everytime i change it, it defaults to litedev.hik-connect.com but remains offline. If i tick the custom option it stays. Does yours have the custom option ticked?

Yes the custom box is ticked on mine.

I'm out of ideas then unfortunately - I take it you've logged in to your account online at www.hik-connect.com and checked that the DVR is at least listed there (proves that it's bound to your account). I had a similar issue with mine some time ago and somehow managed to get it back online again. I'm not a big fan of Hik-Connect (or at least the Hik-Connect connection method) and in most circumstances I use a Dynamic DNS address (IP/Domain connection method) along with port forwarding in both the Hik-Connect and iVMS 4500 apps. Unfortunately I'm forced to use the Hik-Connect connection method for my own system as it's the only way that push notifications are supported fully (with a few bugs)

It is not on the website. Everytime i try to add it, it shows " The device is offline. No search result is found " so it does not add. I cannot see a help page or contact so i can speak with someone. Also the compnay who installed it over a year ago are proving difficult to speak with to help

If you’ve changed the DNS address to 8.8.8.8 in the DVR, ensured that you’re not using both port forwarding AND UPnP (as they’ll conflict one another) and tried the change of server address there’s little else I can think of.

Your installer has no control over whether the Hik-Connect service is working correctly at any time, that’s why I avoid using it for my customers. I wouldn’t want to be without a definite answer as to why they couldn’t connect.

I’d just set up a Dynamic DNS address - I use DYN DNS and enter the details in the router to update automatically but free ones are available. Then use port forwarding and add the system manually in the app using the IP/Domain connection method. That’ll take the Hik-Connect server out of the equation and allow you to connect directly

Okay many thanks. will look into DDNS. what information goes in to "Server Address, Domain under the DDNS of the DVR please?

This is how i configured it below on the DVR in the DDNS section and comments:
DDNS enabled.
DDNS Type: NO-IP
Server Address: litedev.eu.hik-connect.com
Domain: ddns.net
user name: my email
password: the one i set up on NO IP ( i notice it keeps changing to 6 characters even though the password is 9 charaters)
I have setup port forwarding on the BT router and enabled DDNS on it as well which on the router shows as connected.
I am confused

If you’ve set up your no-ip ddns info in the router you MUST leave it disabled in the DVR. You can’t have two separate devices sending updates. Set it on one or the other. Noip may see that as abuse and temporarily lock your account (DynDNS do)

As long as you now have a domain name (mycctvsystem.noip.com for example), you’ve entered the relevant info for the noip account in the router and it’s logged in successfully that’s it.

Switch off WiFi on your phone then:

On Hik-Connect app:
- click + and select manual adding
- adding type - IP/Domain
- alias - friendly name for your system
- address - mycctvsystem.noip.com or whatever address you’ve registered
- port - 8000
- username - admin
- password - your DVR admin password

Save and click start live view. If that works you’ve proved your port forwarding, dynamic dns etc.

If you find it doesn’t work when you’re on your home WiFi you’ll need to add a second site but substitute the domain name for the DVR IP address for when you’re viewing at home.

The app that was installed for me was the proControl+. I have just checked and i have seen the manual option. This actually works now from my phone. Thanks a million for this.

You mentioned security in an earlier post. How do i change the port numbers to be secure and are there specific numbers i can use to avoid issues please? Thanks once again for all your guidance

Last edited:
Also with this new method, how do i share this with my partner's phone as it says i can only have one device. in the old setup, we had the app on 3 phones and it worked

Pro Control plus is virtually identical - it’s just a Pyronix badged version of the app - just follow the same steps detailed. The Hik-Connect app can also be used with the Pyronix Enforcer/Euro alarm panels if that’s why you’re using that app.

When you add the system as described there’s no sharing as such - you simply create a user and password on the DVR for those you want to access the system and restrict their permissions to remote view (and remote playback if desired) You can remain logged out in the app (unless you’re monitoring your Pyronix alarm)

Regarding port numbers.

The default ones are 80 http, 443 https, 8000 server and 554 rtsp. You only need to forward the http (or https) ports if you need to access the DVR web page for configuration outside of your network.

As the standard port numbers are well known it’s not uncommon to see illegal login attempts in the DVR log. It’s simple to change them in the DVR menu, Network settings, Advanced. Just use 3 consecutive ports (that aren’t in the reserved range - for example 40000 http, 40001 server, 40002 rtsp. In the BT router create a new service called CCTV (or amend the existing service previously set) and add the TCP port range then in port forwarding set the rule to forward CCTV to your DVR IP address.

When you add the CCTV manually to the app, the port is defaulted at 8000 - just amend that to the new server port number (40001 in my example) Also remember that if you want to connect to the DVR using a web browser you’ll need to append the IP address (or domain) with :40001

Back