01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

on my Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS 4MP Built-in Mic Wifi indoor Dome Camera, night Vision is not working at all

tester22

Hi guys I need your help, I upgrade to latest firmware on my -[2.8mm] Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS 4MP Built-in Mic Wifi indoor Dome Camera , after this NIGHT VISION is completely not working at all. Please let me know is this HARDWARE ISSUE of FIRMWARE ISSUE.

Currently I have in my Camera this Firmware IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.5.53_180730 ,
And I try every single setting and none of then bring back NIGHT VISION on this Camera.

And I put firmware in C:\digicap.dav , still OLD FIRMWARE is not going to UPDATE on this Camera. Please let me know How to UPLOAD Old Firmware on this Camera.

And how I can go back to older version of firmware IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.4.0_160401 on this Camera, please let me know, I will give a try to this Old Firmware.

Hopefully waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys, is there any body knw, how to upgrade older firmware on my camera.

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Normally, you can just follow the same firmware update procedure with an older version.
Occasionally, Hikvision will prevent you going back (as seems to be the case you are finding).

We haven't had other reports of night vision stopping working.
Have you tried cycling the power to your camera and/or resetting it to factory defaults?

Hi there, thanks for your response to my message.

Please have a look in Photo.

1--yes I did Factory Reset whole Camera, as well SOFT FACTORY RESET & HARD FACTORY RESET, this does not fix my issue.

Please help me to get back my NIGHT VISION, I already tried many things none of them fix my Camera.

Do you think is this SOFTWARE ISSUE or HARDWARE ISSUE. If this is Software issue for sure I have to Upload OLDER VERION of FIRMWARE on this Camera to get back NIGHT VISION.
So I try to put file in C:\ this also not UPLOAD the FIRMWARE on my Camera.

Any help is really appreciated.

Hopefully waiting for your replies in this to fix my issue.

Thanks

Attachments

• Night Vision Problem.jpg
    Night Vision Problem.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 340
  • Upgrade Failed.jpg
    Upgrade Failed.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Test whether your camera's IR LEDs are actually still working - switch between day / night settings here:
(night should illuminate the IR LED's and force the camera into monochrome)

1545630380274.png

That light source in your scene will not help your eventual image.

It looks like you are using a wireless laptop for your latest update - try again with a wired connection to your network.
Although, we would recommend that you use the latest firmware, and - nobody else is reporting this 'no IR' problem with this firmware update.

I tested to see if night vision is working with the above setting "Night" I select, after this I can see BLACK & WHITE Picture, but the problem I am having is that when there is very little light in the environment, the video that is being recorded or when I look at the live view, the picture is GRAINY and the video is filled with little dots and makes it hard to see the picture. How am I able to fix this problem?

And I already Re-Update the Latest Firmware by connecting ETHERNET Wire to my Laptop, still I am facing the same Problem as Picture is GRAINY.

Thanks

Attachments

• Auto selected.jpg
    Auto selected.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Night Selected.jpg
    Night Selected.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 291
  • OFF.jpg
    OFF.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
is there any body can help me to bring back this camera ti Night vision back.

thanks

From the images that you have posted it looks as if your IR LEDs are not illuminating - can you see them lit/glowing red when you select night mode?
If not, I can only assume that the IR LEDs have failed.
In which case you will need to return the camera to your supplier (assuming it is under warranty).
If it is out of warranty, it can be repaired, but it is often not cost-effective to pay for a repair (better to purchase a new camera / newer model / with a new full 3 year warranty).

Back