01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

One camera to trigger another?

y016afess

I have 2 cameras covering the front drive of my house (DS-2CD2347G1 & DS-2CD2385G1), each has a line crossing and an intruder detection area set. Is there a way of getting both cameras to record when a line crossing or detection event is trigger by either camera?

Thanks

Ok, unfortunately, the ability to trigger other cameras is only available when both cameras are connected to the same NVR. See below a screenshot from the NVR event menu where you will see the 'Trigger Recording' option to select multiple cameras to start recording when the original camera has a specific event triggered.
Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 10.00.48.png

Ok, unfortunately, the ability to trigger other cameras is only available when both cameras are connected to the same NVR. See below a screenshot from the NVR event menu where you will see the 'Trigger Recording' option to select multiple cameras to start recording when the original camera has a specific event triggered.
View attachment 4452
OK Thanks, Dan, any news of when there might be some decent new 8 Camera NVRs coming out? although I would like one I am not prepared to buy any of the current (old) models.

No new NVR models on the horizon as far as we are aware, the DS-7608NI-I2/8P is still the latest, highest-spec 8-channel Hikvision NVR.

Back