01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

One Hikvision camera is online, the other is offline?

stanislav77

Hey guys,

I'm using 2 HikVision cameras. Both of them stoped working all of a sudden. I checked the switch device and I noticed, that the light that says that camera is online is off. So I tried to unplug and plug the camera ethernet cables and nothing happened. Then I tried to plug the cameras into different ports and one of them is now online (the light is on as well). However, the other camera is still offline.

Does any of you how any ideas? Thank you. (I apologize for my english, but it's not my native language).

I assume that your cameras are connected to a network switch? (not plugged directly into an NVR)
If that is the case, then you should be able to run Hikvision's SADP utility on a PC on the same network to find the cameras / check their status.

The most common cause of failure is cabling issues, especially to outdoor cameras.
So, it is usually a good test (to check whether it is actually a faulty camera) to bring the camera down / indoors / to the switch and to connect it with a short factory-made cable.

You were right, it was cabling issue. I fixed it and the camera is back online. However, another problem has occurred. When I tried to check the video record, a warning showed up: "No SD card or HDD found". I checked the IP adresses via SADP tool and everything seems just fine. The NVR model is: DS-7608NI-K2.

You should be able to log into your 7608 NVR and check the hard drive status in the Config area (via a direct connected monitor of via the browser on a PC on the same network).
There you will find HDD reports and tests.

Back