01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Only 1 camera gets live preview the other says failed

saunders1989

I had a previous post where no cameras would give a live preview (previous post). I updated the firmware of my NVR and updated the firmware of my camera. The 1 camera that was working then starting allowing live view when connecting to the NVR via the IP address.

I have now got my second camera up and running but when I try and do live view the view only decides to show one at a time the other it says live view failed. They just don’t work at the same time. Sometimes it is the second camera that is showing the live view other times it is the first. I don't see a reset would resolve this as Live view does work just not at the same time.

They are both on the same firmware version. I have them plugged in using plug n play and this is their channels and they are online. I can view them in the hik connect app, so not sure why I can't do live view of both of them at the same time on the NVR via the IP.

1636409428785.png

1636409364191.png

Last edited:
Hi @saunders1989

I think this may be a browser stability issue, Hikvision has reported to us in the past that with the newer 8MP AcuSense/ColorVu cameras you may not be able to stream multiple cameras in full 8MP resolution when accessing with a browser.

When trying to play that 2nd camera have you tried switching the channel to the substream? you should see the option next to the camera name in the list on the left - when set to mainstream it displays a symbol with a '1' in it and if you click this you can switch that camera to the sub-stream.

Hi @Dan i tried the substream but that just stays black and shows nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
Back