01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Only record to sd card when smart event triggers

gilders

I am in the early stages of setting up my first cctv system.
I want to add an sd card to the camera, but only have the SD card record when an event is triggered (otherwise I'd need a huge capacity sd card).

Is it possible to continuously record to HDD, but only record events to sd card?

Hi @gilders

If the cameras are NOT directly connected to the NVR then there should not be an issue having event recording set in the camera settings and continuous recording set in the NVR. I'm not sure if the same is the case when the cameras are directly connected as what we have usually found is that settings set on the NVR often override the camera settings and this may happen with the record settings.

Thanks for quick reply Dan.
Considering I'll be powering the camera via POE from the NVR, I presume this means "directly connected to the NVR"?
It's a shame it's not possible to just use the SD card for storing events. Looks like I'll need a fairly large capacity SD card.

@gilders I have 4 cameras that record continuously to the NVR and intrusion events to their internal sd cards.

@David That's great news, thanks for replying.
Do you have a link that gives instructions on how to set this up?

@gilders
nvr. configuration> storage, select the relevant camera and set schedule for continuous (blue).

Ip camera. configuration> storage. My schedule is set for event (purple).

Back