01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

OOSSXX Camera System and AVI

butchbridges

I bought a OOSSXX 4 camera system (wireless) from Amazon. Love everything about it. Its an amazing system. When I export a video file, its in an AVI format. Fine. I can play it with no problem using VLC. But what I can't do with the AVI file is edit it. I have tried a dozen or more video editing programs and all give me an "incorrect format error". The OOSSXX support has been great, but since they don't offer "editing" of the videos, they can't help me. It has to be some strange AVI format. Anyone know what I might try? I need from time to time, edit out say a 5 minute segment of the large AVI file I export from the OOSSXX NVR.

Sorry, we've never heard of that brand.
I would expect the manufacturer to be able to give you some help / clues.

OOSSXX has helped me a lot. Even said to try Corel Video Suite. But Like the other programs, it could not import the AVI file, said it was the wrong format. OOSSXX said they could not help me since they only see that I can play the video, which I can with VLC., but not edit it. I could upload a small AVI file from the NVR, but it might be 50 megs in size, see if anyone can figure out how to edit it.

Back