01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect organise favourites in app

Edgie70

Hi all , I have my cameras in a set order in the favourites folder but when I close all apps at night before I charge my phone and check my cameras again they are not in the same order , anyone know why ? Thanks

Hi @Edgie70

This does appear to be a feature of the app as we are also seeing it on our app in the office, from my testing we selected 4 cameras for a favourite folder and when we closed & reopened the app the list of cameras in that folder had reversed. We tried opening and closing the app multiple times but the order of the cameras only changed that first time and never again.

This would appear to be a glitch in the software, I will pass the details of this glitch on to Hikvision support to see if they can develop a fix.

In the meantime, I can suggest that when creating your favourite folder you should try selecting the cameras in reverse order, save the folder, close the app, then reopen and the folder should be displayed in the right order.

Yes! I order mine the way I want, then upon reopening they are all in reverse order. Minor annoyance but it would be cool if it were fixed.

I've spoken to Hikvision Support about this issue, unfortunately, their response was very poor, see below:

This is not a bug as it won’t change the order randomly. If only reverse once, you can ask the user to re-add the device from bottom to top of their initial list.

This response would suggest they do not plan to resolve this glitch in the app.

Back