01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Our HIK Connect App shows all cameras (4) as being offline?

JLewis

Hi there,

This is my first post and although I consider myself to be fairly tech savvy, I have no clue when it comes to the HIK Connect cameras!

The last couple of days our HIK Connect App has shown all cameras (4) as being offline. There had been no issue previously and just seem to have stopped working?! I have never been able to log in to view the cameras through a browser ( or shown how to do this when the cameras were installed) I can log into Device Management, however this just shows the device and it being offline. I have made sure that the connectors are plugged into the back of the recorder and have rebooted (switched it off and and on! :confused:) to no avail.

Can anyone point me into the right direction in terms of what I need to do to get them all back online?? And also talk me through how I can log in to view the cameras through my MacBook?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Hi @JLewis

Are your cameras connected to an NVR, or just to your LAN and recording to onboard memory or NAS?

Also, did your installer leave you with the IP addresses for each of the cameras or your NVR? To access Hikvision devices in a browser you just need to browse for their local IP address. If you don't know what these are then you can use the Hikvision SADP tool to scan your network and show/change each IP (this will only show any devices connected to your network, and not cameras directly connected to an NVR, as per point no. 15 in the below):

You will also need to install this web browser plugin on your Mac for the web browser interface to work:

Hi Kyle,
Thanks for your reply. I believe it’s connected to a DVR, however, I could be wrong! I’ve attached a picture of the unit below if that helps?

He didn’t leave any details, other than to set us up with the app. I saw info about the SADP, however my Mac wouldn’t download it due to it not being ‘trusted’. I did override this but I got more warning messages and didn’t want to download just incase! I’ll read through the info you’ve attached. Thank you

2E9BDBD9-3147-4522-9456-1BDB7BD2F0C7.jpeg

That looks like a DVR :)

So, you'll need to find the IP address of the recorder. If you have a monitor connected to it, then you can find the IP address by going to [Configuration > Network].

Or you can use SADP for this - we use the macOS version and it's fine to trust, Macs just give you those warnings for any software that isn't downloaded from the App store.

For getting the cameras online again in Hik-Connect, you should make sure that the box for enabling Hik-Connect is ticked in SADP for the DVR.
If it is, then I would unbind it from your Hik-Connect account first, as per these steps:

Then, log into your account here:

And use the serial number found on the info sticker on the base of the unit to add it again using the 'add' button at the top of the page - it should then appear again in the device list and show as 'online' in the status column:
1615811973878.png

There's some more information on Hik-Connect and other common causes of problems on it here:

That looks like a DVR :)

So, you'll need to find the IP address of the recorder. If you have a monitor connected to it, then you can find the IP address by going to [Configuration > Network].

Or you can use SADP for this - we use the macOS version and it's fine to trust, Macs just give you those warnings for any software that isn't downloaded from the App store.

For getting the cameras online again in Hik-Connect, you should make sure that the box for enabling Hik-Connect is ticked in SADP for the DVR.
If it is, then I would unbind it from your Hik-Connect account first, as per these steps:

Then, log into your account here:

And use the serial number found on the info sticker on the base of the unit to add it again using the 'add' button at the top of the page - it should then appear again in the device list and show as 'online' in the status column:
View attachment 5387

There's some more information on Hik-Connect and other common causes of problems on it here:

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the above. I've downloaded the SADP Tool, eventually! My Mac didn't seem to like it at all and then told me the app was out of date?!

Anyway, it found 0 devices... could this be due to point 15 in your guide?? It also wouldn't allow me to enable HIK Connect. Is there any other way I can find the IP address of the recorder? Unfortunately, there's no monitor connected to the recorder :eek:

Thanks
Jo

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 20.01.55.png

SADP it the best way to check it. I think you have an analogue system (if the cameras have a coaxial connection into the back of the then it will be), so only the DVR is connected to your network and will have an IP address.

This should show in SADP if your Mac is connected to the same router/network as the DVR though!
What is the other end of the ethernet cable in the back of your NVR connected to get it on the network? Is the unit definitely powered on?

You'll see the 'enable Hik-Connect' option once the DVR shows up in the tool and you select it.

Hi Kyle,

It's an analogue system. The cameras have the connections you mentioned.

My Mac is connected to the same router / network so i'm unsure as to why it isn't finding the device?! The unit is powered on and the ethernet cable is connected (i assume) to the main telephone / internet line. I wasn't here when the cameras were fitted, my husband who is not in the slightest tech savvy :D, said that they drilled outside through the office, so I can only assume that they are connected through the main line, if that makes sense!

Thanks, that makes sense :)

Could you share photographs of the rear connections as they are, as well as the label on the base of the unit which shows the model number, please?

Also, do you have any firewall software enabled that could be blocking your Mac from seeing the DVR on your network and showing it in SADP (The default macOS firewall shouldn't be a problem)?

Sure - see attached! Scuse the dust!!

No firewall other than the Mac
1615913291376.png

972A2C58-E95F-4660-A659-CF52C68365B7.jpeg

Thanks! Do you have a Windows PC that you can try SADP from?

If not, you will need to connect a display to the HDMI or VGA port in the rear and check the network settings page by going to [Configuration > Network].
Could you share another screenshot of this or the network settings if you can get the NVR showing in SADP, please?

It'll be worth connecting the NVR to one of the network ports on your router too, if possible, to rule out the current connection to your main line/network as being the cause.

Thanks! Do you have a Windows PC that you can try SADP from?

If not, you will need to connect a display to the HDMI or VGA port in the rear and check the network settings page by going to [Configuration > Network].
Could you share another screenshot of this or the network settings if you can get the NVR showing in SADP, please?

It'll be worth connecting the NVR to one of the network ports on your router too, if possible, to rule out the current connection to your main line/network as being the cause.
My husband’s work laptop is Windows, but annoyingly it won’t allow me to download SADP. I don’t have a display to connect. (just an iMac and MacBook - which are quite frankly useless for this!!) I did try the laptop with a HDMI but again it wouldn’t let me into the network.

Unfortunately, the router is downstairs and the office (DVR) is upstairs so I can’t connect to that either. I’m not doing very well so far am I?! .

Probably best just to focus on getting SADP to work on one of the Macs then. Make sure that you are allowing incoming connections for the tool when you run it:
Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 09.21.46.png

If you don't get that popup, check that "Allow incoming connections" is set for SADP in:
System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options

Are you also using version 1.0.0.4? Clicking the 'i' in the top right-hand corner will show you the version being run :)

Hi Kyle,

Tried both Macs now with SADP and both are returning 0 devices! All incoming connections have been allowed and I’m using the latest version.

My neighbours have given me a TV screen with a HDMI cable, which I have attached to the DVR and all cameras are showing on the screen... but I have no idea where to go from here?! This won’t give me the IP address and just shows that the cameras are working to some extent??

Im lost now!

Great - if you right-click (with a mouse connected to one of the USB ports on the unit) and click on 'Menu'

(You'll need to use the password or unlock pattern originally set on the DVR to get into the menu)

Then, could you share an image of each of the following pages, please?
  1. Maintenance > System Info > Network
  2. Configuration > Network > General
  3. Configuration > Network > Platform Access
This video shows where to find these pages, assuming your interface looks the same as the one shown?

Unsurprisingly (as nothing seems to be going right...!) my interface doesn’t look the same as the one shown in your post . There’s no configuration option. However, I’ve tried to find the information you asked for based on what I can see. I’ve attached them below.
A1E66D01-3C9C-4ADD-AB2B-682380F46AED.jpeg
DC96E614-3AA3-4454-9C29-75778AC92FF6.jpeg

My bad, I didn't realise you had the updated interface on that DVR!

So, you'll need to change the IPV4 address, subnet mask, and gateway to match your router / network range.

This guide explains how to use your Mac to check the gateway and subnet mask to use. You may need to go to Network > Advanced > TCP/IP in System Preferences to find these (your router's address is your gateway):
1615988763144.png

You will need to change the IP address of the NVR to one on your network range that is not being used by another device, the above guide also explains how to determine a suitable address by 'pinging' an address.

E.g. my gateway is 192.168.0.1, so my NVR's IP address needs to be 192.168.0.x, with x being any number fom 2-254.

You'll know if an address is working, as you will be able to browse for it in a web browser to get to the browser interface login page for the recorder.

To get the platform access page on that interface, go to: Configuration > Network > Advanced > Platform Access
Could you also please show what you're seeing on this page?

You will need to change the IP address of the NVR to one on your network range that is not being used by another device, the above guide also explains how to determine a suitable address by 'pinging' an address.
To me it seems that the device doesn't get an proper DHCP adress from the router's DHCP server, as it assigns an APIPA address .

APIPA stands for Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA). It is a feature or characteristic in operating systems (eg. Windows) which enables computers to self-configure an IP address and subnet mask automatically when their DHCP(Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server isn't reachable.

So @JLewis need to find out if there is an Ethernet cable attached to the NVR and that the cable is actual working into a laptop or other device. If the cable is working, then you need to assign a manual address in the config of the NVR just as @Kyle has explaned in the range of where your macbook is on, while DHCP doesn't seem to work. If there is no DHCP server running, then you need the manual unique address. If the cable isn't working, then you must replace it with a cable that does work from the router. Then with the working cable, propably the NVR will request a new DHCP address and all will be working againg. But again if DHCP is not available also a manual unique address will solve the issue of not being detected.

Sorry to step in ;-)

Last edited:
My bad, I didn't realise you had the updated interface on that DVR!

So, you'll need to change the IPV4 address, subnet mask, and gateway to match your router / network range.

This guide explains how to use your Mac to check the gateway and subnet mask to use. You may need to go to Network > Advanced > TCP/IP in System Preferences to find these (your router's address is your gateway):
View attachment 5414

E.g. my gateway is 192.168.0.1, so my NVR's IP address needs to be 192.168.0.x, with x being any number fom 2-254.

You'll know if an address is working, as you will be able to browse for it in a web browser to get to the browser interface login page for the recorder.

To get the platform access page on that interface, go to: Configuration > Network > Advanced > Platform Access
Could you also please show what you're seeing on this page?
Ok, I can change the details mentioned to match the router / network. But I cannot access the Network Utility as it's been "deprecated" following the latest OS update - Good old Apple!!!

It says I can open the Terminal and type the underlying command... Thats where my tech knowledge, if you can call it that's, ends! :D

To me it seems that the device doesn't get an proper DHCP adress from the router's DHCP server, as it assigns an APIPA address .

APIPA stands for Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA). It is a feature or characteristic in operating systems (eg. Windows) which enables computers to self-configure an IP address and subnet mask automatically when their DHCP(Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server isn't reachable.

So @JLewis need to find out if there is an Ethernet cable attached to the NVR and that the cable is actual working into a laptop or other device. If the cable is working, then you need to assign a manual address in the config of the NVR just as @Kyle has explaned in the range of where your macbook is on, while DHCP doesn't seem to work. If there is no DHCP server running, then you need the manual unique address. If the cable isn't working, then you must replace it with a cable that does work from the router. Then with the working cable, propably the NVR will request a new DHCP address and all will be working againg. But again if DHCP is not available also a manual unique address will solve the issue of not being detected.

Sorry to step in ;-)
Hi @mtv Thanks for your suggestions. There is an ethernet cable plugged into the DVR, but it's not long enough to reach my iMac and my MacBook does't have that capability. I can only assume it's working, if not I think it'll be a case of getting the installers back out as the line is drilled through the out through the office wall (upstairs) down the external wall and connected to the Openreach master socket box:confused:

Hi @mtv Thanks for your suggestions. There is an ethernet cable plugged into the DVR, jg it's not long enough to reach my iMac and my MacBook does't have that capability. I can only assume it's working, if not I think it'll be a case of getting the installers back out as the line is drilled through the out through the office wall (upstairs) down the external wall and connected to the Openreach master socket box:confused:
Are the lights blinking green/orange above on the ethernetcable socket on the nvr and on the router? if no Lights are blinking then the cable isn’t in on router or cable is defective. Maybe someone has s longer cable to borrow from or even a lan-checker to test te cable. On the photo i can’t see them burning.

or you try your imac towards the nvr and switch cable.

Back