01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Outdoor Auto-Tracking 4 cameras for synology

geochris

Hi guys,
Was hoping for some advise on choosing outdoor cameras, especially with auto-tracking and using my Synology for recordings (fully wired / POE setup and no wireless)

Front/road facing has 2 levels with width of house being around 15 meters so could mount and with IR/night visibility across the road being another 15meters.

Option a) the 2 cameras on corner of 1st level balcony (or with a ground mounted pole at same height being 6 meters tall) - one camera being with AutoTracking and need 270 degrees rotation on this min while other camera on the other side (main entrance) that does not have to be with auto-tracking as concerned with auto-tracking making too many moves and may miss capturing any visitors actions.
or
Option b) go with 1 Autotracking camera more forward mounted (border of property on one corner) but will need to pan either 100 degrees or even 180 (if to capture once visitors entered).

Another 2 cameras at rear of building & sides:
1) 2 meters above ground to capture garden movements with IR (20meters min) or if I assist with some lighting I am assuming do not have to go to the extent of laser based costly IR cameras. Auto-tracking 270degrees which I can light assist on on both sides of the camera.
2) This will be the same as 1) above, simply needed to capture the other side of building and also same garden part.
* worth to note, worrying here with auto-tracking on windy days if trees and plants start to move confusing the auto-tracking feat of the camera and starts to spin around. Comments/experience welcome ;)

What are your opinions on auto-tracking cameras, do options exist to set delay once a visitor is detected so it does not start spinning around and losing capturing or is it best to avoid auto-tracking and install more cameras for coverage?

Trying to limit budget with assisting with light to avoid laser based options that I understand are much more costly. Not sure yet if maybe laser options are better to handle garden movements on windy days, hence then I will consider such as an option.

POE hub for these 4 cameras with UPS to be considered (since power outages are quite common) to power all these cameras with 25meters UTP cat6 cables I assume would be best, instead of powering each camera with their own POE unless some standalone POE's exist with batteries or low cost small 4 UPS's.

Much appreciate any feedback and maybe some cameras & POE hub to start looking at for my above deployment.

Regards,
Geo

Back