01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Over-long Intrusion pre-record [DS-2CD2543G0-IS]

macman

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I'm trying to figure out why my DS-2CD2543G0-IS records more Intrusion footage to my SD card than I specify. I set pre-record to 5secs with a post-record of 10secs but I get over two minutes of static pre-event footage on a calm, evenly lit, critter-free, motionless day. Can anyone tell me why?

At the same time, I would welcome advice on how to use the min/max detection zone tools. In the screenshot below, the green rectangles are my min/max settings which hopefully eliminate most passing birds while recording everything else. But when a car drives past this camera, filling most of the screen, it doesn't trigger a recording.

AFAICT, I'm not allowed to draw a max rectangle bigger over the whole screen and I don't want to make the detection region any larger because that would include leaves/foliage and a lot of false alarms. I tried not setting a max rectangle but that seems not to work.

Thanks for any advice.
Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 11.02.12.png

The car is not triggering it because you have the "max" setting too small. I make the "max" box the full size of the screen on all my cams.

The car is not triggering it because you have the "max" setting too small. I make the "max" box the full size of the screen on all my cams.
That's what I wanted to do but, for some reason, it wouldn't save. I will try again.

Sometimes I have to hit "clear" and redo the trigger zone, min, and max for it to save. Just another Hikvision quirk.

Back