01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Painted cameras

Bazzy

Hi guys i'm new here, overtime i found some really good info so i thought i'd ask.

Couple of my cameras were sprayed with black paint. I tried to clean them off with white spirit with no help.

Any idea what else i could use? Managed to clean the lens but the plastic around it won't clean.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20200201_001636.jpg
    20200201_001636.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 172
  • 20200201_002026.jpg
    20200201_002026.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 168
Hello

Two options. Use an abrasive and / or a solvent.

The important thing is to ensure you do not degrade the wertherproofing of the camera or scratch the lense when doing it.

I would start with a fine abrasive such as wire wool to scar / loosen the paint and then very carefully use a cloth and something like white spirit, which is not too corrosive to rub at it.

If you want to you could use a courser abrasive such as aluminium oxcide paper though don't go for a really course grade and / or a stronger solvent, such as paint thinner.

What you might want to do is when you get most of it off, mask then up and paint them, or perhaps do it anyway rather than trying to get the black off though if you'll looking to get the camers back to white you'll also need a primer.

Good luck.

Hi bud, i'll give that a try tomorrow.

Thanks for your time to post!

Back