01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Parameter error when adding replacement camera to NVR

Elvira

Hi,

Can anyone translate what 'Parameter error' means in camera management when trying to connect a new camera to a Hikvision NVR?

I have an 8 channel Hikvision NVR and have had a camera running on each channel for a few months now quite happlily. I wanted to replace one of them to try a full colour night vision camera but when I try to add it to the channel for the camera I have taken out, it just tells me there is a parameter error but I dont know what this means to start looking for the problem. I have obviously set the new camera to match the IP address range of the NVR box (192.168.254.etc) and have enabled ONVIF protocol within its settings and am entering the username and password that I have set up for the new camera.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Hi @Elvira

It could mean a few things, normally to do with the network or video settings for the camera being not quite right for the NVR when adding it.

Just to confirm, are you connecting the camera directly to the NVR's PoE port and adding it as Plug and Play?
If so, what is the exact IP address of the new camera and which port are you connecting it to?

Could you share the model numbers and firmware versions of the NVR and the new camera too, please?

Back