01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Password Problem after Windows update

aidank

I had a windows update (Windows 7) on my laptop this morning and now I cant access 1 of my 2 IP cameras on the laptop anymore, either via Google Chrome or via iVMS-4200. (Hikvision PTZ camera DS-de4220 )

Initially when trying to access either camera this evening the problem was 'The user is locked' error. So I went and rebooted both cameras which cleared "The user is locked error. I was then able to delete and readd one camera successfully in iVMS-4200.

The laptop is connected to the LAN, so no internet connection problems to worry about.

Currently problem is as follows
I get to the HikVision home page on google chrome but as soon as I enter name and password Im told password is incorrect. Same in ivMS-4200 and the same in SADP tool.

However Im pretty sure I have the right password. I didn't changed the password and I set it up on 2 mobile phones 3 weeks ago and this is the interesting bit - I can STILL view this problem camera via both mobile phones, via hikConnect and ivMS-4500.

Surely if there was a genuine problem with the password the phones would not be able to access the camera ?

Any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back