01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Password reset

Ruthannds

I purchased a home with hikvision security cameras, and the password i was given will not work. How can I reset it? I have tried the sadp process with no luck. It finds my dvr and camera, but when I try to reset, it says

I purchased a home with hikvision security cameras, and the password i was given will not work. How can I reset it? I have tried the sadp process with no luck. It finds my dvr and camera, but when I try to reset, it says
You will probably find that you're unable to reset the password yourself. Double check the password you've been given - it will be a minimum of 8 characters and must contain at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter and one number. Hikvision will only support installers directly and a supplier will only support you if you bought the NVR from them. Call an installer local to you and ask what they'd charge to do it for you. An installer will be able to export the xml file, forward it to the supplier they use and reset it for you. It's frustrating but such measures are in place for security.

Back