01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Permanent video feed near front door

GlassMan

I have a DS-2CD2563G0-IS near to our door, and I'm wondering if it's possible to take a permanent video feed off of it to a small screen on the inside of the door?

The reason for my question is that we're looking at a new door and have been thinking about things like spy holes. As spy holes aren't that clear, I then thought it would nice to have a small screen next to the door that just shows the video from the camera. It doesn't need to be very big, probably smaller than a tablet size screen. Would probably want it off most of the time, then switch it on when needed, or if it had a sleep mode that could be woken quickly.

Is there a way to take a feed directly from it? Or maybe a Wifi feed from the NVR?

I'd be tempted to just get a small tablet or old iphone and mount that at the door and install the HikConnect App on it and then you can have the feed showing on there.

Presumably it would be the local IP address of the nvr as using Hik-Connect domain would be constantly sucking bandwidth of the internet.

Hikvision should make some sort of hdmi adapter that goes into the back of a tv then this wirelessly picks up signal from your nvr to display the feed. I would definitely get one of these.
That way you/me could have a small tv near the door to display the door camera.
I think a lot of people would be interested in this.
Hikvision, if you make this I want just 49% of all profits for the idea.

You can get a direct rtsp feed from the camera to any IP device which can run VLC. You would have to find a way to keep the device powered on/charged up though.

Plus one for the tablet as a monitor. So long as you use the local IP address as stated in Hik Connect (adding method - IP/Domain). I use one as a bedside monitor (using the accessibility settings on an iPad you can set the screen brightness way below the usual minimum so as not to disturb)

You can use any of the Hikvision 2nd generation monitors from the intercom systems (IP not the two wire versions, they all look the same) I believe without the intercom systems to display camera’s feeds as I have done. They also have versions with “w” so they work over WiFi, mine is the DS-KH6320-WTE1 they do a KH6320-TE1 as some over priced without WiFi turn up on ebay now and again, I think are for non UK markets.

Anyway do your research as in each the 6320, 8350, 8520 range the do WiFi and non WiFi models and IP and 2 wire connection do don’t buy the wrong one. The higher the number the larger the screen and the more expensive they are.

Thanks for all the help with this. I have an old tablet that we don't use any more, so I think I'll resurrect it and have play with running a permanent feed from either Hik-Connect (local) or iVMS-4500.

Back