01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Please help my Blue Tits appear on Youtube

Dave

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me to stream my nest box camera on to Youtube.

A bit of background. I have two IP cameras that feed in to a H-View H-264 NVR. This NVR then connects in to my LAN and I am able to view the two IP cameras via CMS 2.0 on my PC and via the NVSIP app on my phone. This can be at home or away from home, so the streams are exiting the LAN. One of these IP camera is in a Blue Tit’s nest box and I would like to be able to stream this to Youtube Live. I have read that I need to use OBS Studio to do this and that I need the RTSP URL to enter in to OBS. However, despite scouring the internet for advice on the structure of the RTSP URL for this NVR, I have been unable to come up with anything that works. I just get a blank screen. I have tried entering the various URLs that I have tried in VLC and I get the response that “Your input cannot be opened”.

Now, just to put this in to a bit more context. I have a second NVR attached to all of the security cameras around my house. This is an ANNKE NVR and I was able to find an article on the internet that described how to construct the RTSP URL for this make of NVR. I followed those instructions and that URL works successfully on both VLC and OBS. So I mention this to show that I do have some understanding of what I am trying to do, but perhaps not quite as much as you guys!!!

I have tried running Wireshark, but cannot see any reference to an RTSP URL, (although I couldn’t get the ANNKE NVR to show an RTSP URL either, so perhaps I am doing something wrong there.

So I was hoping that someone might be able to advise me on the way to construct an RTSP URL for the H-View NVR or suggest some software that might capture it. Of course, it may be that this particular NVR does not support the RTSP protocol. But how could I confirm that? If the H-View stream can be seen via CMS or NVSIP, would that imply that RTSP is being used? If RTSP is not supported, is there any other way that I could stream to Youtube Live?

This is the URL that I have successfully used for the Annke NVR rtsp://admin:[PASSWORD]@192.168.1.155:554/h264/ch1/main/av_stream

And this is one of the many URLs that I have tried for the H-View rtsp://admin:[PASSWORD]@192.168.1.153:80/h264/ch1/main/av_stream

I have used port 80 because I saw that mentioned as an alternative to 554. If I use 554, VLC reports that “connection failed”

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave,
I started doing the same thing a couple of weeks ago.
The line that worked with my cheap and cheerful Revotech cameras is in the following form

generic camera line
rtsp://{login name}:{password}@{network address}:{port}8554/live0.265

8554 is the port that the camera says it is using when I ask it directly.

I also have a stream which comes through an older analog cctv system

That line is

rtsp://{login}:{password}@{IP address of recorder}:{recorder port}554/Streaming/channels/201

Currently struggling with a redirected HikVision camera

I now have a youtube channel!

Hopefully this works

First sign of a chick this morning and eggs in one of the others.
I hope this helps, please let me know when you are up and running

Back