Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @nsign77

The correct firmware for your models are linked below:

NVR - DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A
CAM - DS-2CD2142FWD-I
CAM - DS-2CD2143G0-I

Hi Dan,

Could I just double check this with you with respect to the NVR?

I was reading this post:
Finding the Latest Hikvision Firmware for your NVR

and it would seem that my NVR model is listed under one of the other firmware versions:
76/77 || NI-E1/E2/E4 (E Series)
DS-7604NI-E1
DS-7604NI-E1/4P <<<<<<

If I then search for firmware for that model on the EU hikvision portal I get a list of the following firmware versions

V3.4.80 build160718 English+Multi-lingual - 2018-12-23
V3.4.82 build160818 - 2018-12-23
V3.4.90 build161008 - 2018-12-23
V3.4.91 build161220 - 2018-12-23
V3.4.92 build170228 - 2018-12-23 <<<<< Has release notes
V3.4.95 build170626 - 2018-12-23
V3.4.96 build170921 - 2018-12-23
V3.4.97 build171031 - 2018-12-23
V3.4.98 build171121 - 2018-12-23

Most of them don't have any release notes but one of them does (see above). If I look at the release notes for the supported product list, then my NVR appears to be listed?

DS-76xxNI-E1/xP

So what is the difference between the DS-76xxNI-E1/4P/A and the DS-76xxNI-E1-A?

Also my NVR is running V3.4.98 build 171121 which seems to be the latest according to the EU portal but looking at the UK portal for the equivalent firmware, it's shown as V3.4.101 build181024..

All very confusing? :)

Hi @nsign77

The Hikvision firmware has always been confusing, a few months ago not long after we had put together those guides of where to find the correct firmware Hikvision moved and edited all of the folders in the portal, changing the urls and thus breaking almost all of our links. We will get round to fixing these links but it is quite a big job, but yes I think your research is correct and the v3.4.101 is the latest firmware for your NVR (apologies for the confusion, we haven't sold any E-series NVRs for years so we aren't as on top of which firmware relates to which model).

Hi Dan,

Not a problem. Thanks for double checking. Since Hikvision changed their structure it has been a bit of a pain to find things...

i wanted to see if my 8 camera POE had a new firmware, but seems not and had 2 years?

Hi,

Which exact NVR model do you have? If you give us the product code we can guide you to the latest firmware.

Dan, I have a newbie question. Is there any difference in the firmware available on the UK portal, EU portal, ,and Hikvisions's own website? Does it matter than I'm in the US and downloading firmware from the EU portal? Just thought I'd ask in case there are region-specific considerations/features.

Dan, I have a newbie question. Is there any difference in the firmware available on the UK portal, EU portal, ,and Hikvisions's own website? Does it matter than I'm in the US and downloading firmware from the EU portal? Just thought I'd ask in case there are region-specific considerations/features.

Hi,

As far as we are aware there isn't any problem in using the UK/Europe firmware outside of those regions, you can find the US firmware here - Firmware

Appreciate the response. Here's why I asked - in your link, the latest firmware for the 2355 camera is 5.5.61. But on the EU/UK portal it's 5.5.82. There's the opposite problem with the 7608-I NVR, the US firmware website lists 4.1.70 and the EU/UK portals list 4.1.64. All very confusing.

Last edited:
Hi.
I am looking for the firmware of the DS-7104HWI-SH to work with hik-connect. I searched everywhere but I only found the latest version 2.2.17.
Thanks.

Sorry, you'll need to contact Hikvision Tech Support.
We only offer IP cameras, therefore we only work with NVRs (Network Video Recorders).

Your firmware is probably here somewhere:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

There is a spreadsheet at the bottom of that page that should guide you to the correct firmware for your Hikvision DVR, but currently that spreadsheet only shows Turbo 3 & 4 DVRs (nothing earlier / older).

Hello - could you help me, I have just had a HikVision HiWatch system installed wondered if I can also use these link to update the firmware as well?

Hello - could you help me, I have just had a HikVision HiWatch system installed wondered if I can also use these link to update the firmware as well?

You will find HiWatch firmware here - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

If you are unsure which family your HiWatch models come under you can click on the 'readme.txt' document at the bottom of the list on the portal and that will give you a list of all the models and which firmware family they come under.

You will find HiWatch firmware here - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

If you are unsure which family your HiWatch models come under you can click on the 'readme.txt' document at the bottom of the list on the portal and that will give you a list of all the models and which firmware family they come under.
Thanks Dan - will check out the link and see if I can figure out which cameras I have installed.

Hi. OK I must admit I'm one of those that has never updated the firmware since I purchased the system back in 2016, mainly because it was working and im sh*t scared of bricking it. I have now realised after reading this post that its necessary. I have a DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR and a DS-2CD2142FWD-IS camera. I would really appreciate it if someone would provide a link to the correct firmware updates for the above, because I worried that I might update with the wrong one. TIA

Update, I has just seen Dans link in post 20 and I'm assuming this would be the same for my system. Is this correct as there seems to be some confusion if it is in post 21.

Is this correct for NVR? HIKVISION UK PORTAL
& Camera HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Last edited:
I also don't get it, what's the correct firmware folder for my DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1?
Thanks!

I also don't get it, what's the correct firmware folder for my DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1?
Thanks!

It is not a model we have sold before but I think it would come under this platform - G0 platform(1X43G0 1X53G0 2X47G3E 2X4'51G1-IDW1'2)

I think the last part code in the brackets relates to your camera - 2x4'51G1-IDW1'2 - it is made more confusing because I think the (') should actually be (/). So any camera with a product code 2x41G1 or 2x51G1 that either ends -IDW1 or -IDW2 can use this firmware.

Hi @stanzanim

The firmware shown in that section of the Hikvision website is actually quite far out of date, you can find the latest firmware (v5.5.83) for the 2555 here - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back