01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Please update your firmware to the latest available version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dan,

Can you advise on the following DVR and camera please?

DS-7204HUHI-F1 / N currently version V3.4.80 build 161217
DS-2CD2345FWD-I currently version V5.6.2 build 190701

Many thanks

Hi Dan,

Can you advise on the following DVR and camera please?

DS-7204HUHI-F1 / N currently version V3.4.80 build 161217
DS-2CD2345FWD-I currently version V5.6.2 build 190701

Many thanks

The camera is already on the latest firmware but the DVR should be V3.4.88

Hi,

I want to upgrade my old DVR (16 channel Hikvision: DS-7216HVI-ST) Can anybody advice proper firmware for this device? I have 2 problems 1: It has stopped recording 2: have no live video you can see attached file.

P.S. From 16 Digital camera only 4 is alive and is being recorded.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 445
I'm making this plea again, because every day we continue to get calls and enquiries about "odd" issues, features "not working", cameras "gone faulty", cameras that have "gone offline", no longer being able to see video in my App, on my Mac, in IVMS-4200, in my browser, etc.
95% of those callers own HikVision systems.
50% of those callers are what you might term disbelieving when told they need to update their firmware.
Especially if it's a young female member of my team that gives them this message - a whole other story [trust me, they probably know a lot more about this topic than you do - they deal with it every day - they have all been doing so for years!].

As I say, every day we are dealing with this - it is now one year since a back door vulnerability was discovered in HikVision's firmware.

Please note - I will not even begin diagnosing a particular issue or problem with your system until your devices are running the latest firmware - it would be a waste of time!

Furthermore, it is not safe to assume that because you only bought it last week it will be running the latest firmware - you do need to check & update.

IPVM.com created a clever little program that scans the internet, finds hacked HikVision cameras, and grabs an image from them.
There are a LOT of compromised cameras!
Snapshots below.
You can read more here.

So, please, please, please - check your firmware and update your cameras and NVRs to the latest firmware version available.
Do it NOW - don't wait until you are hacked and things stop working.
Without these updates somebody may be accessing your system and leaving no traces.

The latest firmware is available from HikVision's European Download Portal:
Cameras here - DOWNLOAD PORTAL
Recorders here - DOWNLOAD PORTAL

If you need help in identifying the correct firmware for your device - just ask Reply to this Post below, drop us an email, use the chat tool on our website.
NB any of those methods is more effective than phoning us - we need to get a link to you, to get you to the correct web pages for your devices.

Our simple guide to updating your devices can be found here:
How to update HikVision Firmware in just nine simple steps - updated 20th February 2019

Please note - those steps have been honed to ensure a successful upgrade, please follow the guide.

NB
Although I have created this Post in our HikVision Forum this advice is not particular to HikVision. GeoVision have recently had a security vulnerability issue which they had to release new firmware to resolve. It is simply good practice to check regularly for new firmware and keep your devices up to date.
Hi, could you please tell me how to check firmware on IP camera DS-2CD2023G0-I and which ist he latest? Same thing for HIKvision DS-7608NI-K1/8P(B) 8 channel 1 HDD ... thank you

Can you help me find the right update for my cameras:
(a) DS-2DE4A220IW-DE
(b) DS-2CD2385FWD-I

Thanks!

Hellow I also bought DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHS (8-32mm) Can you give me the link for the latest software. Thank you.

Hi, may I seek some advice as to how to update my firmware please as I'm having a few issues. I've recently bought/installed my camera and can log onto it via the web interface, but can't see an upgrade firmware option in the Maintenance tab. My camera is a DS-2CD2343G0-I and is currently running firmware V5.5.53 build 180622 and I'm trying to update it to V5.6.3 build 190923. I can see the camera video output via my android phone via Hik Connect and can also see the video output via my Synology DIskstation but can't see the live view via the web interface. I have a second camera (same model) which I installed a few weeks ago and have successfully updated the firmware on that one a few weeks ago, so I have done the process before, I just can't see how to get this one to upgrade?

Ah ha! Solved my own problem. I was using Google Chrome web browser and have just tried Internet Explorer and I have the upgrade button! Cam in now upgraded and is showing properly in google Chrome, including the live view bit.

Attachments

• Hikvision.jpg
    Hikvision.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know that you solved it issue, always more satisfying when you do so yourself too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back