01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

POE Acusense with siren and light

gilders

Hi,
I am considering purchasing DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL, but have a couple of questions.

I do not want the siren (or light) to be active during the day, but will want it on during the evening. Therefore,
Can the siren and light be set on a timer, with the other "regular" alerts to my phone set constantly on?

If I can have the siren and light on an independent timer, can you quickly switch that function off via the app?
E.g. if I return home late (i.e. during a period where the siren and light are set to be active), can I quickly and temporarily switch the siren and light function off before they "sense" me and activate, waking up my neighbours?

Even if the event is set to trigger the alarm and light - both the audible and visible warnings can be set to individual schedules as per the pics below.

In the Hik Connect app there is an option to temporarily disable all notifications with one click but I'm not sure whether that would disable the siren and light as well. There is however an option in the settings that could be switched across to "Receive events but NOT push notifications, and NOT allow Audio and Strobe Light alarms on device" but that would require a few clicks.

Another option is to use the one key disarm function of alarm input one on the NVR. You can get a GSM relay on Amazon for about £20 and pop a PAYG SIM in it and connect that. You'd then just call the number of the module as you approach, the unit hangs up the call immediately without any charges and so long as you've added your mobile number to the authorised list it'll trigger the relay for the programmed time and switch off all alarm notifications for that duration - simples.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 07.03.17.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 07.03.17.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 259
  • Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 07.03.34.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 07.03.34.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
I've just been trying to find away to turn off the Alarm an Strobe on my G2 for a few weeks now.
Tried the One-Key Do Not Disturb function in Hik-Connect, but found out that only stops the notifications an doesn't turn off the Alarm and Strobe.
The only way I have found that dose work to disable the Alarm an Strobe remotely through the Hikvision-Connect app is if you Configure DDNS through the App. then you will be able to toggle off Smart Events.

Attachments

• IMG_4577.PNG
    IMG_4577.PNG
    373.9 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_4578.PNG
    IMG_4578.PNG
    224.3 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_4579.PNG
    IMG_4579.PNG
    272.7 KB · Views: 295
@Nigels89 Thanks for above info.
Did you mange to get a G2 in a focal length other than 2.8mm?
I'm needing a 4mm but I can't find any other than the 2.8mm.

@Nigels89 Thanks for above info.
Did you mange to get a G2 in a focal length other than 2.8mm?
I'm needing a 4mm but I can't find any other than the 2.8mm.
Thats ok your more than welcome.

I haven’t yet mine is in 2.8mm where the last camera was a 4mm I will need to get hold off a 4mm at some point.

I think the problem is that a lot of suppliers don’t have the stock an are waiting for stock to come in.

Thats ok your more than welcome.

I haven’t yet mine is in 2.8mm where the last camera was a 4mm I will need to get hold off a 4mm at some point.

I think the problem is that a lot of suppliers don’t have the stock an are waiting for stock to come in.

Hi

We do have stock of both focal lengths on back order and have been given an estimated lead time of mid-late August.

Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL 4MP AcuSense Fixed IR Turret Network Camera With Two-Way Audio and Alarm

Back