01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

power ip cam hikvision from 12v battery

ste92

hi everyone, one question. I have to power a hikvision ip camera from a 12v battery with a solar panel.
I also need to power an ubiquiti antenna to make a 1km p2p. can you tell me some solution to power the camera? thank you

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
hi everyone, one question. I have to power a hikvision ip camera from a 12v battery with a solar panel.
I also need to power an ubiquiti antenna to make a 1km p2p. can you tell me some solution to power the camera? thank you

Most Hikvision cameras support a single-pin 12v PSU as an alternative to powering by PoE, so as long as you can run a single-pin connector from the battery to the camera you will be able to power the camera. Alternatively, you could run power from the battery and data into a PoE Injector and power the camera with PoE.

I will install a 12v solar panel with a battery and controller. ok passive poe as in the picture for hikvision ip cam? so I go direct from the regulator to the poe with plug?
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I have done similar

I have a Solar cell that links to a charge controller then to a 12v Li-Ion Battery.

The battery is then connected to an Inverter that has 2 plug sockets (UK Mains)

these have 2 POE injectors in them, One goes to the P2P unit and the other goes to the camera with a cat5 e cable connecting them together.

I may have some photos of the setup if that would help

thank you!
I understand, so in doing so you no longer have the problem of how to power both the antenna and the camera. I live in a mountain den where the winter sun does not arrive, so I have to think about which solar panel to take from how many watts. I'm thinking about how best to do it, whether to take the inverter or use something else.
the camera I would like to mount is this model DS-2CD2T85FWD-I8, how much bandwidth will this camera need? the ubiquiti antennas are 150 mbps or even 450 mbps I don't know what to choose

Last edited:
The networking kit's capacity / capability will far exceed the bandwidth generated by the camera.
The camera would be very unlikely to generate more than 10Mbps.

do you think if I use an injector like the one in the picture, and I feed the hikvision camera via the 24v poe of the regulator, does it work or do i damage? or I can put a 24v to 12v stepdown converter as in the picture and I have to solder a connector that I connect to the poe injector to the 12v output

Attachments

• 51hBCqYmexL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    51hBCqYmexL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 61tdeUEQNeL._SL1001_.jpg
    61tdeUEQNeL._SL1001_.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 264
  • 95105644-734a-4070-a3d8-8a5fbe3bddbd.jpg
    95105644-734a-4070-a3d8-8a5fbe3bddbd.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
can anyone tell me if it works by feeding the camera via injector as above?

You will need to use a POE injector which conforms to the IEEE 802.3af/at standard.
Due to this, the cameras expect the POE carrier voltage to be 35-57 volts.
This higher voltage is used so that longer cables can be used without devices suffering due to volt drop i.e. POE can run up to 100m.
The camera will receive a POE supply at that higher level and its internal electronics will reduce it to the 12 volts that it needs.

I hope you are right I think I use 24 cc to 12 cc module. I tried to power the camera from the 2 batteries of 12v in series then 24v but it does not turn on. or use an 802 af 12v switch maybe it might work

I have done similar

I have a Solar cell that links to a charge controller then to a 12v Li-Ion Battery.

The battery is then connected to an Inverter that has 2 plug sockets (UK Mains)

these have 2 POE injectors in them, One goes to the P2P unit and the other goes to the camera with a cat5 e cable connecting them together.

I may have some photos of the setup if that would help
This is something which I am wanting to do, you don’t happen to have any photos still do you? I wouldn’t mind seeing them, thanks

This is something which I am wanting to do, you don’t happen to have any photos still do you? I wouldn’t mind seeing them, thanks
consumes more if you put 220v inverter..

Back