01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Powering bullet camera

Ironside

I have got a Hikvision IPC-B121H-Ma 2.8mm HiWatch / HiLook Series 2 MP CMOS Outdoor IP Network CCTV. Will it work if I plug it into a Ubiquiti Networks 24-volt Dc 12W Poe Adapter

It depends, if the POE injector conforms to the IEEE 802.3 POE standards, then all should be fine.
Ubiqiti were notorious for early POE devices that did not conform to the POE standards and therefore did not work as expected.

Here is a basic standards conformant POE injector:

It depends, if the POE injector conforms to the IEEE 802.3 POE standards, then all should be fine.
Ubiqiti were notorious for early POE devices that did not conform to the POE standards and therefore did not work as expected.

Here is a basic standards conformant POE injector:
Okay, thanks, that's excellent. One other question regarding the HiKVision IP cameras. Is it possible to stream them live online?

I have got one of those little bird box cameras. However, they use RSTP. I just wondered if the Hikvision cameras work in a similar way?

Typically you would need a third-party service to stream a Hikvision IP camera live online.

Typically you would need a third-party service to stream a Hikvision IP camera live online.
Yes, I'm using a company called Cam Secure who will host the camera. I've also got a subscription with no IP so I can create a DD NS address as well. Basically, I want to use one of my bullet cameras to film the badgers in my back garden. It would be good to stream them online for everybody to watch. But I just want to make sure that these Hikvision cameras are capable of doing the job.

Check with Cam Secure - ask them about compatibility with the camera that you propose to use.

Back