01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Powerline adapters

peter

Does anyone have any experience using these with their IP cameras ? I've been using them round my house and office which is adjacent to the house as a replacement for wireless and they are vastly superior to wireless performance and so far I'm greatly impressed. I need to do some renovation on my network as I set it up a few years ago with cat5 cables, about 20 years old which I had lying around, not exterior grade but they have been looped round the house for about 5 years now and I've a new Hikvison NVR coming and I've a mind to upgrade my network by replacing the cables with adapters.

Hi Peter,

We have many customers who use powerline adapters with their IP cameras and we hear back that they tend to work just fine.

As long as the bandwidth throughput on them is adequate for your needs, they are an attractive option to extend your network.

thank you Kieran.
Just re-installed a camera in my eaves with an adapter.10 minutes ! No struggling round the building with ladders, cables, cable trunking, hammers or cable clips. Everything running sweet as a sewing machine so far.
just did a calculation.using an online service
Camera Stream h264
Camera Res. 3 MP
Video Quality High
FPS 15fps
Number of cameras 4

Bandwidth required 30.82 Mbps

Stated speed of these adapters is 500 Mbps but manufacturers concede that it usually delivers an average of 240Mbs. So even at that it looks like a really handy option.

Seems good to me Peter, let us know if you bump into any issues with the rest of the kit :)

Back