01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem Connecting Hik Connect - Previous Owner Issue

Ben Leach

I am after some guidance please.
I recently moved into a new house that has a DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P NVR with several cameras connected.
I have added a few more cameras but am struggling to get Hik-Connect working.
I have set up a HIK Connect account but I am not able to add a device, i.e. the NVR.

When I try and add a device via a web-browser I see the following message - "Operation failed - This device is added by other users.

When I try and add a device via the IOS app using the serial number I see the following message - "Please notify the device owner that she / he should use Hik-Connect App of V404.0 or later versions to receive the application" and at the bottom of the screen is a further message - "You can use that account or ask the user to share the device to you".

When I try and add a device via the IOS app using the QR code serial number I see the following message - "The device has been added to the account XXXXXXX" and at the bottom of the screen is a further message - "You can use that account or ask the user to share the device to you".
When I select Apply for Sharing I again see the message - "Please notify the device owner that she / he should use Hik-Connect App of V404.0 or later versions to receive the application" and at the bottom of the screen is a further message - "You can use that account or ask the user to share the device to you".
other user.
I think, but I am not sure, when I did this the first time that I saw a message saying that an application would be sent to the owner, but I have not received any message.

I assume that I need ownership of the NVR to be transferred from the previous owner to me.

Can somebody please advise the appropriate steps that I need to take in order to rectify this situation.

Thanks
Ben

Would a factory reset of the NVR help? Or would it remain bound to the Hik servers?

David / fullboogie - thank you for your advice.

I followed the link provided by David in his first reply, hence I ran SADP software and tried to unbind the NVR.
When I tried to unbind the NVR I saw the message "The device is offline or not connected to the internet", as indicated may happen.
I therefore changed the NVR DNS settings as suggested to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, but I still see the message "The device is offline or not connected to the internet".
Any ideas?

David, in your second reply you advised that it has to be released from the Hik server - do you know how I can achieve this?

Thanks
Ben

@Ben Leach I don't use hikconnect at all, gave up years ago. I would think the server has to be connected to the camera to unbind. Is anything blocking the NVR access to the WAN (public) side of your network?

Have you searched the Hikvision forum for "unbind" threads?

David,
Thanks for your advice.
I will ask them to unbind it from their account.
Hopefully they will know how to do this.
Thanks
Ben

David,
Thanks for your advice.
I will ask them to unbind it from their account.
Hopefully they will know how to do this.
Thanks
Ben
Deleting the NVR from their Hikconnect account should be enough. Do any of your other cameras need to be deleted from their Hikconnect account as well?

@Ben Leach don't forget to.....

1. change NVR / camera admin passwords
2. delete other unnecessary user accounts
3. if set, change the encryption key found at the web interface Configuration> Local.

I have been in contact with the previous owner and they have revised the email address and phone number associated with the account and I have just changed the password - so I am making some progress :).
When I log into the account the NVR device is shown, but unfortunately the status is shown as offline (in orange text).
The DNS primary / secondary addresses were 192.168.1.1 / 8.8.8.8 - I trued changing them to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 as suggested by a previous message, but this has no effect.
Any ideas what I should try?
Thanks
Ben

I have just tried entering in the NVR the primary and secondary DNS addresses that are configured in my router, but the status is still offline.
And ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Ben

I have just tried entering in the NVR the primary and secondary DNS addresses that are configured in my router, but the status is still offline.
And ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Ben
Try deleting the NVR from the HikConnect account and re-add.
Reboot the NVR.
Not sure if your router needs to be setup for port forwarding, enable UPNP on your router and NVR. Personally I would setup port forwarding myself, I don't like enabling upnp on my router.

@Ben Leach I don't use hikconnect at all, gave up years ago. I would think the server has to be connected to the camera to unbind. Is anything blocking the NVR access to the WAN (public) side of your network?

David, What do you use apart from Hikconnect?

Back