01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

problem connecting IP camera via POE switch hikvision after disconnecting from NVR. What should i do to connect the other 3 camera's?

radji600

After disconnecting 3 camera's, which are fully functional, to a 4 port POE switch from hikvision the camera
How do the 3 camera's get the right ip adres in the 10.0.1.xxx range?

Last edited:
Sorry, it's not entirely clear what state you are in.
If you use Hikvision's SADP utility tool it should find your cameras on your network, show their current IP addresses, and allow you to set new IP addresses.

Dear Phil, although i set the laptop in the same range as the camera's could be (192.0.0.64 and 192.0.1.64 or 192.168.254.1) it does not find them, it only finds the nvr with SADP. So when i put my laptop on ip adress 192.0.0.50 it can't find the camera via sadp but it finds the nvr. i cannot ping the nvr as this is on a seperate range(10.0.1.7)

i thought when disconnecting the camera from the nvr and connecting to my home network it would still have the adress 192.168.254.x (default internal adres van NVR) or the camera should have default adress from factory(192.0.0.64 or 192.0.1.64)

Last edited:
update:
after i connect all cameras back to the nvr backend, and i take one port (channel 8) and connect this to the poe switch where also my laptop is connected i do see all 6 cameras in sadp. but now i cannot change there adress. after adjusting the ip and entering password of the nvr i get the fault "time out" or "Error 2015:eek:thers"

Cameras connected to your LAN and cameras connected to your NVR are on two different networks.
Your NVR creates and manages a sub-network for the cameras directly connected to it.

The cameras on your LAN (and your NVR itself) should show-up in SADP.
To see the cameras that are directly connected to your NVR you will need to login to the NVR with a web browser and access the Camera Management page in the Configuration area.
(assuming that you revert the connections to be as per your illustration above).

Back