01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Problem seeing my Hikvision cameras on phones

ebertran

Hello, new here! Total camera newbie too, with a simple question.

I just moved into a home that had a Hikvision system that they left behind, unconnected. I was able to get it going...
Cameras are POE (learned all this as I went) plugged into a Hikvision DS-7108NI-SN/P NVR.
The NVR is running into my Internet Gateway provided by Comcast here in the US.
It all works, I can see my cameras through my LAN on an AppleTV app, as well as on Live View on the NVR.

Where I am having an issue is seeing the cameras on the Hik Connect app on my iphone when I am OUTSIDE of my wifi.
The app works amazing on my WIFI at home, it's almost real time. And yes, the device shows ONLINE on the hik connect website.

When I step out of Wifi range and the LTE on my phone kicks in, that's where the app fails.
Gives me a "network unstable" error, and the cameras show a percentage counter rising before they just fail to show an image.

I'm at a loss.

I'm also having hte same issue with a Roku TV app on my wifi. Not showing the cameras. I can see them in my LAN through AppleTV and VLC viewer, so I know the path Hikvision uses to be seen (/streaming/channels/102) -- I've learned a lot over the past 2 weeks. :)

Any help?

Have you signed up at Hikconnect, created an account, and added your NVR to the account?

Yes, the device shows as ONLINE on the site, and I can see the cameras through my app on my phone when connected to my home wifi. It's when I switch to 4g/LTE that the app completely fails. "Network Unstable" error.

554 is open, as well as 80 and 8000.
I can see the cameras on my VLC app on my desktop computer, and my AppleTV (both on same wifi network as the NVR).

Yes, I do.
I can also see the cameras on the Hik-Connect app when my phone is on my wifi network. The moment I switch to LTE or 4G, I get a network error.

See the screenshot?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 11.14.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 11.14.10 AM.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,340
OK - this proves that the camera is able to phone home to the portal.
If you have configured any port forwarding in your router for this DVR please remove it - the Hik-Connect access does not need it.

OK - this proves that the camera is able to phone home to the portal.
If you have configured any port forwarding in your router for this DVR please remove it - the Hik-Connect access does not need it.

Well, I may need it for other things. For example, I have an app on my AppleTV that uses port 554. if I close it it may not allow that app access to the cameras, right? Do the open ports interfere with Hik-Connect?

here are two app screenshots... one on WIFI, then the other switched to LTE.

Attachments

• IMG_6144.PNG
    IMG_6144.PNG
    5.2 MB · Views: 1,406
  • IMG_6145.PNG
    IMG_6145.PNG
    4.9 MB · Views: 2,069
Reviving this thread. Any help?? Please.
Cannot see on mobile, only when my phone is on the same wifi as the hikvision server. Once i leave my house, i cannot access remotely on phone.

Hikconnect shows ONLINE.

My server is a DS-7108NI-SN/P
it has 8 cameras plugged into it.
It is hardwired into my router

When I am on wifi on my iphone, I can see the cameras via the hikvision app.
When I step out of wi-fi and into 4g/5g mobile service, I can no longer see the cameras.

Again, hikconnect shows ONLINE.

Help me please!

Attachments

• 8C8DABB3-764D-460B-9D55-9BDDEADB5F90.png
    8C8DABB3-764D-460B-9D55-9BDDEADB5F90.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 297
  • 2BAAB2F2-2750-4E3C-8A68-06C141AE44B6.png
    2BAAB2F2-2750-4E3C-8A68-06C141AE44B6.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
What exact make/model of phone are you using?

I raised an issue recently here where we are having similar issues to you - but only on an iPhone 13 when working on mobile data. An older iPhone model was fine and my Android 12 phone works fine. So my suspicion of our problem is the phone or the phone contract/SIM being at fault and not necessarily anything to do with our router setup or HikVision. But we don't yet know...

Standard IOS fault if the system is added by QR code to App. Delete the system from the App then re add with serial number this time. Before you DELETE the system use Hik-Connect App to take note of your serial number. Also what about Hik-Connect platform login? Did you unbind the NVR from cloud? Are the old owners watching you?

Back