01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem setting up emails for DS-2CD2346G1-I

jarmour

Purchased this camera a couple of weeks ago to replace older Hikvision EasyIP2 camera which was driving me to distraction with false alerts despite hours of tweaking. Just got round to setting new camera up today and after a bit of faffing about I have managed to get the thing working. I use Macs at home and can access the camera with Firefox. Setting up events and other parameters all seem to work with the exception of the email settings. I have set the email details on the new camera exactly the same as those on the old one, however, every time I try the test email I get "Failed to connect to test server". I have separately tested emails from that server and it works OK, so the server is not down. I'm using a Btinternet email address and all technical settings are as recommended by BT.

Can anyone suggest why the same settings should not work on the new camera and how to fix? Ta.

Check that your camera is running the latest available firmware:

HIKVISION UK PORTAL

DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

As well as the email settings, make sure that you have entered your Network Settings.

If you are still having problems, then perhaps upload a screenshot of your current settings.

Phil
Many thanks for the suggestion. I had upgraded the Firmware this morning following a different conversation with Dan. However, the setting for IPv4 Default Gateway was the problem. Test email worked and I also tested a line crossing which came through. Mind you, having rebooted the camera again, Playback and Picture seemed to have disappeared! Something else to look at tomorrow.....

Thanks again.

Back