01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem with IP Edit after reset

CazzaK91

Hi, I had some success last week using IP Edit in SmartTools and viewing a camera that I wasn't seeing previously. I made a note of what I did. SmartTools>Device Search>IP Edit>changed the IP Address>changed the default gateway>entered the password>clicked OK. Then I was able to click Add to complete setup of that camera. However, I have another camera to add and I reset it (milesight camera model UI 5D72 FIPCV) by pressing the reset button, then powering on the camera and keeping the reset button pressed for 10 seconds. Then I waited 3 minutes for reset to complete. When I follow the instructions above in SmartTools; when I click OK a message appears: 192.168.1.200:8060 says modify camera IP Address failed. I wonder if anyone can help?

Hi @CazzaK91

Can you please share a screenshot of how this camera appears in SmartTools?

Hi Dan
Here is the screenshot. Thank you

Attachments

• device search.jpg
    device search.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 253
Hi @CazzaK91

Your new camera is not on the same network as the rest of your cameras.

You need to open the desktop SmartTools app (I can see from that screenshot that you have it open in your tabs at the bottom of Windows UI)
Change the camera IP address and Gateway address to your local network range (IP address - 192.168.1.xxx / Gateway - same as the other cameras listed in SmartTools)
Apply those changes using either the default camera password (ms1234) or the password you set. (you enter the device password in the top right of the desktop SmartTool window)
Once the changes are applied you can login to the NVR and go to the camera management page and add the camera manually with the details you set in SmartTools.

Back