01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem with iVMS-4200

Have tried the update procedure as per your link and have got an error message (no surprise there then eh!) The message read :-

Current external storage device does not exist or is damaged. Please check and refresh the list.

I have no doubt that you will have seen that one before.

I don't intend to change my setup. I will leave the camera connected directly to the NVR.

I would guess that you are not using a tab in Internet Explorer / signed-in to your camera to perform the update.
You should be looking at a page as below:

1528462730428.png

The error message suggests to me that you are trying to upgrade the camera via the NVR, and it is looking for the firmware on a USB stick plugged into the NVR (which of course isn't there).

Hi Phil, yes that is exactly the screen where I am trying to do the upgrade from. I have copied the update file to my c:// drive and I can find it OK when I 'Browse' but when I press the upgrade button it says 'processing' momentarily followed by'upgrade failed'. The only difference with my screen is that I don';t have the word 'Picture' at the top, I just have 'Live View' 'Playback' and 'Configuration'

EDIT at 9.07 this morning. I have tried again to do this upgrade (probably 3 or 4 times this morning) but I am constantly getting the error message 'Upgrade failed'. I am downloading the latest firmware, then unzipping it and then copying the unzipped file to my C:// drive and then I am going into my setup via IE, then into maintenance and then clicking on 'upgrade'. Is there something I am doing wrong?

2nd EDIT at 18.39 Saturday. I have just tried upgrading via the Hikvision Batch Config Tool, same result 'Upgrade Failed'

Last edited:
Anyone got any ideas on how to get over this problem please. It's driving me nuts!!!

Sorry I've not managed to respond for a couple of days (I believe you are not actually a use-IP Ltd customer, so providing you with help here as & when I can).

I have seen the other thread that you've started here.

Something is plainly not right about your setup.

We need to sort out these basic issues and gain you access to each device from your browser before progressing to SADP.

I think/recall that you were able to access and login to your NVR via Internet Explorer.
I believe you updated your NVR to the latest firmware.

You seemed to run into problems with updating your cameras.

Can you please upload a screenshot from your SADP, which should only show your NVR - I want to verify its IP address and gateway settings.
Then, please upload a screenshot of the Camera Management page from your NVR - this should show me some details of the cameras connected.

Hello again Phil, it is really good of you to try to help. I have to go out for a short while in a moment but before I go I thought that I would just clarify a couple of things. As it stands at the moment I can make use of 'Live View' when I log into my NVR via the Hikvision site and, the image no longer freezes since I was able to update the camera firmware. I did this by downloading the file and transferred it to a USB stick and then inserted it into the NVR itself. I can also see the 'Live View' on my mobile phone via Hik-Connect.
I think that the only think that I cannot do still, is to use iVMS-4200 because the setup won't load properly and show the serial number.
I should be back in 30 to 40 minutes, at which time I will try to provide the images you have asked for.
Thanks again for your help thus far.

Hello again Phil, apologies for the delay. Hopefully I have managed to get a couple of screen shots and that you can see them OK. Let me know if you need anything else.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Last edited by a moderator:
The addresses look OK.
Only one camera is showing as online?
Do you actually have four cameras connected?

No, just the one camera at the moment. I will be adding a second quite soon though.

Back