01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Problems configuring Hikvision 2-wire intercom system

tonyhaa

Bought a Hikvision 2-wire intercom system:
1 x DS-KAD706 (switch)
3 x DS-KD8003-IME2 (door station) DS
3 x DS-KH6320-WTE2 (indoor station) IS

All DS and IS are connected to the switch. All I want is that if someone is calling on one of the DS, that all three IS will ring.

I invested a lot off time to try to configure this, but didn't succeed. Spend a lot of time on the internet and wrote every manual I could find. I have reset, reconfigure, used IVMS, tried without IVMS etc etc...

When I start with 1 IS, and connect the first DS, i'm able to activate the DS, can view it on the IS and everything works fine. But when I connect the second OS and I run the configuration setup on the IS again I see two DS which I can activate (
IMG_7777.jpg
) But I can oly activate one. And when I have done this the result is that I only see one DS on the IS. (When I connected the other two IS, the display only one DS
IMG_7778.jpg

When someone rings on the first DS, the (two of the IS rings, and you can answer the call) When someone ring on the second DS you'll here 'calling failed).

So even when I connect the third one I get the same problems, only 1 DS will work.

Where do I go wrong :( ?

I tried to configure everything in IVMS-4200 but could get it running. Other people say that you don't need to use IVMS, and program it just on the IS's.
Programmed the first IS as 'main door station' the other two as 'sub door station'.
Do I have to use different room numbers and floor numbers.

Help or advice is welcome :)

Hi Tony,

don't know who sold this configuration to you but you can only connect two outdoor unit's to KAD706. First must be connected to ch6, and second can't have more that two submodules. Even the second outdoor is not recomended.

Three outdoor station won't work. You'll need one more KAD706.
See file below.

Attachments

• Relevant instructions for external power supply and wiring of 2-wire video intercom products.pdf
    459.7 KB · Views: 849
Hi Tony,

don't know who sold this configuration to you but you can only connect two outdoor unit's to KAD706. First must be connected to ch6, and second can't have more that two submodules. Even the second outdoor is not recomended.

Three outdoor station won't work. You'll need one more KAD706.
See file below.
Hi Kamir,

Thank you very much for this information. Do I need a second KAD-706 or a KAD-706S? Will my configuration with 3 Indoor Stations and 3 Outdoor Stations work. Do I need to configure other special settings and can I (do I) have use IVMS?

Thanx in advance.

Tony

You need KAD706. KAD706-S you need to use only if there is need for 15 or more KAD706.

Every outdoor calls every indoor?

Thanks again. Yes every outdoor calls every indoor. Just need to now which device to connect to which port on each of the KAD's.

It doesn't matter, KAD706 is just like regular network switch. You congifure what outdoor calls which indoor using and programming IP adress.

1610089955036.png

On every indoor unit under " (Main) Door station IP address" you enter IP address of outdoor unit you want to receive call from.

Only important thing is that outdoor unit needs to be connected to port 6 ( and additional one on one of free ports).

Hi Kamir,

I have added extra KAD 706 with separate power supply.

Connected first DS-KD8003-WTE2 on port 6 of the first KAD, connected other two DS-KD8003-WTE2 on port 4 and 5 of the other KAD.

The indoorstations are connected to 1 and 3 of the first KAD, and port 3 ofthe second KAD

First KAD is connected to network. Alle devices are visible in IVMS:
1610462900309.png

Still can't get the configuration running. Only 1 door station is visible on the MAIN indoor station.

Programmed 192.168.1.115 as main indoor station, and the other two .120 and .119 as indoor extension and let them point to 192.168.1.115
1610463525718.png

When I configure 192.168.1.119 also as a main indoor station, i'm able to configure another outdoor station (.118)
1610463647469.png

When I ring this door station, only this indoor station rings...

On the main indoor I only see one camera (the main outdoorcamera)

So I'm still searching for the solution of the * (starr) connection:

Every outdoor station visible and ringing on every indoor station. Still not succeeded i adding a second outdoor station to the indoor station(s)

Tried to configure .118 as
1610465443659.png
outer door station. Butt nothing seems to work...

Do you see something what i'm doing wrong??? I can't create the 'link' in the system.
So i'm possible to connect 1 door station to 1 outdoor station, and this works, but then i have 3 separate intercom system :)))

Get a little crazy of this... Hikvision points to my reseller, reseller points to manuals.... I can't find a manual for this specific configuration.

Do you live near Eindhoven (The Netherlands) ;) ?

Hopely you can put me in the right way.

Best regards Toon

Tonyhaa
I found the attached Instruction regarding Door Station & Door Phone Configuration that appears to be on the lines of what you are attempting to achieve, however i can't tell you if it is 2-Wire or IP based or if the settings shown are available with your set up. None-The-Less no harm in trying....

Attachments

• How to Connect a Door Station in Door Phone Mode to Indoor Station.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 990
another similar setup

Attachments

• How to configure Hikvision Gen2 Intercom so both DS-KD8003 Door Station 104-928 (and DS-K1T607...pdf
    550 KB · Views: 731
Tonyhaa
I found the attached Instruction regarding Door Station & Door Phone Configuration that appears to be on the lines of what you are attempting to achieve, however i can't tell you if it is 2-Wire or IP based or if the settings shown are available with your set up. None-The-Less no harm in trying....
Thank you very much! I believe this is working.

Back