01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Problems Running iVMS-4200 on MacOS Catalina(10.15)

I have the fix for iVMS-4200 on MacOS Catalina :)
Unzip this file and replace the one in the apps bundle.

iVMS-4200 now works for me on MacOS 10.15.2

image001.jpg

Attachments

• libSadp.dylib.zip
    877.1 KB · Views: 687
dazboj can you explain what the download is please, I am very wary of downloading something I don't know, especially when a google search doesn't really help. Cheers

dazboj can you explain what the download is please, I am very wary of downloading something I don't know, especially when a google search doesn't really help. Cheers
Sorry, I should have said. I was sent it by Hikvision. If you click `Get Help` on this support page Support then say `iVMS-4200 doesn't work on Mac Catalina` it tells you to email them and they'll send you the file to fix it.

I have the fix for iVMS-4200 on MacOS Catalina :)
Unzip this file and replace the one in the apps bundle.

iVMS-4200 now works for me on MacOS 10.15.2

View attachment 3044
No disrespect to dazboj, but Dan/Phil can you check with Hikvision to see if this is genuine?
I don’t want to go swapping files unless I know it’s ok.
Sorry dazboj no offence intended.

No disrespect to dazboj, but Dan/Phil can you check with Hikvision to see if this is genuine?
No offence taken, but you can follow the same procedure I did to get a fresh copy of the file if you wish.
Go to Hikvision website and in the help chat bot enter "iVMS-4200 doesn't work on Mac Catalina" and it tells you to email them to retrieve a file. You can email them and get your own file, it only took them 2 days to send it.

What exactly does this do? I run IVMS and the only thing it doesn't do is show the video if I want to change the parameters, ie line crossing

The file and fix is genuine, it was shared with us in late December when we were trying to solve the issue with one of our own customers, but we didn't share it at the time as 1) it looked like a fix that could easily confuse people and lead them to break the software further 2) it did not fix the problem for the customer we were dealing with.

But now other users have also been given this file and it would appear to work for most users, it is meant as a temporary patch to v2.0.0.10 of iVMS-4200 until they release v2.0.0.11 which they are working on but is still a way away from being released.

UPDATE: We have spoken to Hikvision support about an update on the full v2.0.0.11 update and they have told me it is now live on the UK portal.

This full update should include the above patch file.

2.0.0.11 feels like a more solid performer, albeit slower to launch and quit for me and a tad slower to jump between config panels. It did take several attempts to get it to display Live View from a bench-test camera but it did find it eventually. I'm seeing mini Live View displays in all the right config screens; but for reasons unknown, I'm not being offered any settings to configure in the Image Settings window. Where'd they go? I can get them via my browser but it's a bore to have to switch - and of course my browser has the opposite problem in that it shows my Image Settings but not the live feed so I have to adjust brightness, WB etc in the dark.
image settings MIA.png

Last edited:
I have the latest version of Catalina 10.15.3 and have just downloaded the most recent IVMS 4200 version 2.0.0.10 and all worked well.

I have the latest version of Catalina 10.15.3 and have just downloaded the most recent IVMS 4200 version 2.0.0.10 and all worked well.
I think 2.0.0.11 is the latest. Are you able to get live feeds showing in any Mac browser?

FWIW, the shortcomings of iVMS on MacOs led me to install Parallels so that I could run the Windows version of iVMS and especially Windows Explorer (not the pre-installed Edge browser) which does load web configs properly once the prompted web plugin has been downloaded. Switching to Parallels is as fast as switching to any other open Mac app so it's a pretty good workaround even if iVMS runs a bit slowly in Parallels. It's certainly usable for as long as you need to access the web configs and you can then switch instantly back to MacOS for day-to-day running - in iVMS or the much-faster and much-more-stable Security Spy (expensive for any number of cameras but really well-written exclusively for MacOs). For fun, here's a screenshot of my newly installed cameras from iVMS running under Parallels:

iVMS-4200 Mac-Parallels.png

I posted in another thread, though it may help to consolidate the feedback here too.

I keep getting the macOS firewall pop-up message each time I launch the IVMS4200 app.

Further to that, I often find that when live view is open with various cameras displayed, some of the black bars (with the buttons for Capture/Start Recording/Switch To Instant Playback) manages to overlay itself over other apps/windows.
This has been the case since I upgraded from the previous version, to 2.0.0.10.
The only 'workaround' I have found, is to ensure that the mouse cursor is moved away from any camera live views before switching to another app.

Does anyone have an idea of how to resolve any of these 2 issues?

IVMS-4200 v2.0.0.11 for Mac
macOS Catalina v10.15.2

Updated the latest iVMS - I think 2.0.0.11 is it - and encounter this error message:

Error Code libHCNetSDK.dylib[7]. (Connecting to device failed. The device is offline or the network timed out.) Interestingly, it allows me to select the 'remote config' menu and shows the cameras there in (for example) "Line Crossing Detection" but I cannot access any of the cameras in "Main View."

Any ideas? Thanks!

Back