01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Problems with Hik-Connect notifications to my Samung Android phone

Gazaman

Hi all. Ive been running my hikvision setup for over a year without any issues using an iPhone. Now I've recently changed over to Android (S20 plus) and I'm having issues with intrusion detection push notifications. Sometimes they come through, Sometimes the take 5 to 10 mins and Sometimes they don't come through at all until I unlock my phone. My Mrs still has an iPhone and hers come through fine so I know its not a settings issue at the nvr end. The fact that they come through when I unlock my phone suggests that its an issue with how android deals with push notifications. Ive tried using ezviz as well and have the exact same issue.
Any help appreciated S I'm pulling my hair out here.
Cheers
Gaz

Is it related to this previously reported issue with Power Saving?

Hi Phil, no its not the same issue. I can view live streams perfectly as well as previous events. The problem seems to be the push notifications. They just seem to be a little random.....sometimes they'll come through instantly (although not very often) and sometimes 5 or 10 mins later. If my phone is unlocked then I get the notification instantly.
Seems to be an issue with how android deals with the notifications. Ive literally tried everything and after hours of searching the net,I've got nowhere. Surely I can't be the only person with a Samsung s20+ and hikvision cameras :)

Hi Gazaman,
I have experienced similar issues with ealier versions on Samsung phones .......... unfortunately Samsung have a mind of their own on occassions.
I suggest you uninstall Hik-Connect from your phone & re-install the latest Hik-Connect Version, from Hikvision website ..............
This time when you install Hik-Connect pay attention to the "permission" requests & allow these. Usually this is the failsafe way to get your Samsung phone to take its finger out of its @rse & allow Push Notifications.

Failing this................. (i am not 100% familiar with your phone settings/menu) you may need to go deep into the phones App Manager & manually allow permissions within the App. Other phone settings to consider may include, Security Settings, Notifications on Lock Screen etc, Battery Saving Settings

i hope this helps

Gaz

Update 11th August 2022 - If you have landed at this thread you may be looking for information on a current widespread issue affecting the use of Hik-Connect with Android phones - more details here in this new thread:

Just above the first post in that new thread that I have linked to, at the top right above Post #1, you should be able to click to 'Watch' that thread - which means you'll receive email updates when new Posts are added to it, and hopefully receive a notification when the fixed Hik-Connect update is available :)

Back